The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tevyes Dad, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE PEKIN!!!!

About 5 hours ago I weighed and photographed all the 'lings Allie weighed 1.7 ounces compared to the 1.4 ounces Latte had. Latte's fuzz must be bigger because at the time they looked very close to the same size. I was noticing that Allie was noticeably bigger than Latte just now so I weighed her again. She currently weighs 1.9 ounces and believe me she is not constipated. The earlier weigh was AFTER an eating spree (I don't know where the current weigh fell) so the difference isn't a full crop or rehydration from the trip. She gained nearly 12% of her earlier weight in 5 hours...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

That's a Pekin for ya!

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    I am not honestly breathing now. I CANNOT CANNOT STAND THIS. LOOK AT THE BITTY. A WEB ON THE TOWEL. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

4 people like this.
  4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Not constipated….

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    AWWWWWWW!!!!! So sweet, Tony, and super duper cute. Congratulations to you and Yvonne. Innocent little fuzz luvs.

6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Patty, you know me so well. I am both touched, hysterical and speechless over Tony and Yvonne's new little webs. I've been sooo far behind here lately so I am just now seeing all this for the first time.

7. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    !!!! Speechless - seriously.

Tony - you should be a published photographer. These babies and how you capture them is really bowling me over. Incredible is what comes to mind.

8. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Latte, Allie and Casey are absolutely perfect. The faces. The bodies. The WEBS.

1 person likes this.
  9. ViolinPlayer123

ViolinPlayer123 Overrun With Chickens

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    I love how Latte is sitting right on the heatpad!

10. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    Casey, stop picking at my web as I nod off here.

Even before I came upon this video I was being quite loud eeeeeeeeeeee'ing and hoopoosing at your 'lings then I read what you wrote and just howled, loudly. I share a wall with the neighbor next door and I hope she doesn't tell on me so that I do get evicted. That would be bad.

But this video had me laughing and then tearing up at just how super duper cute and innocent and teensy they are as they peep and move about and wobble on their webs. The faces and the way they move kills me.

These little baby birds are a miracle. Just watching them has been so endearing and absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for putting it up, Tony. I look forward to more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by