The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE PEKIN!!!!

About 5 hours ago I weighed and photographed all the 'lings Allie weighed 1.7 ounces compared to the 1.4 ounces Latte had. Latte's fuzz must be bigger because at the time they looked very close to the same size. I was noticing that Allie was noticeably bigger than Latte just now so I weighed her again. She currently weighs 1.9 ounces and believe me she is not constipated. The earlier weigh was AFTER an eating spree (I don't know where the current weigh fell) so the difference isn't a full crop or rehydration from the trip. She gained nearly 12% of her earlier weight in 5 hours...

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

Last edited:

About 5 hours ago I weighed and photographed all the 'lings Allie weighed 1.7 ounces compared to the 1.4 ounces Latte had. Latte's fuzz must be bigger because at the time they looked very close to the same size. I was noticing that Allie was noticeably bigger than Latte just now so I weighed her again. She currently weighs 1.9 ounces and believe me she is not constipated. The earlier weigh was AFTER an eating spree (I don't know where the current weigh fell) so the difference isn't a full crop or rehydration from the trip. She gained nearly 12% of her earlier weight in 5 hours...

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
That's a Pekin for ya!

ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Not constipated….

Last edited:
And I did get a little package in the mail this morning...

All of them are happy and healthy.

Looks like Allie (I am guessing by size - she and Latte are about the same color so whoever is the Pekin isn't pure yellow so I am not sure at this point.) might have had a fight with her egg / another duck, she's missing a bit of fluff on her back, but she is walking and flapped both her winglets fine so it may just be a distinguishing mark.

More pics to come, but I am going to visit with my babies a bit
big_smile.png
AWWWWWWW!!!!! So sweet, Tony, and super duper cute. Congratulations to you and Yvonne. Innocent little fuzz luvs.

Just wait until Julie sees those little webs. I loved the warning and your absolutely right.
big_smile.png

They are gorgeous. Makes me want to run out and buy my own.
Patty, you know me so well. I am both touched, hysterical and speechless over Tony and Yvonne's new little webs. I've been sooo far behind here lately so I am just now seeing all this for the first time.

Here are the official day 1 glamor photos and dossier:

Latte - Buff Orpington - 1.4oz

Allie - Pekin - 1.7oz

Casey - Khaki Campbell - 1.5 oz.
!!!! Speechless - seriously.

Tony - you should be a published photographer. These babies and how you capture them is really bowling me over. Incredible is what comes to mind.

And I did get a little package in the mail this morning...

All of them are happy and healthy.

Looks like Allie (I am guessing by size - she and Latte are about the same color so whoever is the Pekin isn't pure yellow so I am not sure at this point.) might have had a fight with her egg / another duck, she's missing a bit of fluff on her back, but she is walking and flapped both her winglets fine so it may just be a distinguishing mark.

More pics to come, but I am going to visit with my babies a bit
big_smile.png

I love how Latte is sitting right on the heatpad!

Here is some first day brooder time. I set the camera in the brooder with a washcloth propping up the lens. I could view what was on the camera from my phone, so that helped me select my zoom and which part of brooder life to include.

Warning: If your name happens to be Julie. This video contains moving, balancing webs and sleepy eyes. Make sure that you send your neighbors out for a nice dinner somewhere before viewing this video. I would hate to get you evicted due to excessive noise.
lau.gif

0.jpg
Casey, stop picking at my web as I nod off here.

Even before I came upon this video I was being quite loud eeeeeeeeeeee'ing and hoopoosing at your 'lings then I read what you wrote and just howled, loudly. I share a wall with the neighbor next door and I hope she doesn't tell on me so that I do get evicted. That would be bad.

But this video had me laughing and then tearing up at just how super duper cute and innocent and teensy they are as they peep and move about and wobble on their webs. The faces and the way they move kills me.

These little baby birds are a miracle. Just watching them has been so endearing and absolutely wonderful.

Thank you for putting it up, Tony. I look forward to more.

Back
Top Bottom