The Buckeye Thread

Pics
You're welcome.
smile.png

Here's a cool pic of one of my buckeyes. Pardon the color quality the iPhone magenta must be off today. They truly have blood red combs and wattles.
And the sneaky little buckeye photo bomber in the back is a nice addition. Cracked me up. I do enjoy watching these goof balls.

Last edited:
Looking at the registration I am going to guess Large Bird American class but then theres all these clean leg blah blah blah I have no idea what to register as!
hu.gif
The size classification of your bird will determine the class.

Buckeye Large Fowl will be the American. Buckeye Bantams, however, would be All other Combs Clean Legged.

Generally speaking with Large Fowl, origin dictates the class. .

In Bantams defining features dictate the class. This is because most Bantam varieties stem from 3 places: US, England, and Germany. They had no utility type purposes and were only for show. So their defining features are why they have different class sets.

Here's a cool pic of one of my buckeyes. Pardon the color quality the iPhone magenta must be off today. They truly have blood red combs and wattles.
And the sneaky little buckeye photo bomber in the back is a nice addition. Cracked me up. I do enjoy watching these goof balls.
Lmao!!! Love the pic! The photo bomber is hilarious and I to hate the magenta on these darn cameras. ;-)

Buckeye Large Fowl will be the American.  Buckeye Bantams, however, would be All other Combs Clean Legged.

Generally speaking with Large Fowl, origin dictates the class.  .

In Bantams defining features dictate the class.  This is because most Bantam varieties stem from 3 places:  US, England, and Germany.  They had no utility type purposes and were only for show.  So their defining features are why they have different class sets.
Nice run down for newbies Daniel. She has large fowl buckeyes.

The forum this thread is in is titled Breeds, Genetics, & Showing is it not ??? So I don't see what the problem is for someone to post about winning a show, heck I like seeing & hearing about all the Buckeye show winners. I think that's a good thing for the Buckeye breed !!!
There isn't a problem on posting
show wins and pictures. Show them, post them. We should be proud of fellow buckeye breeders wins.

Hello everyone. I accidentally got into buckeyes when hatching a couple dozen eggs to test out the modifications of my incubator. As I sat there peeking into the incubator of doom, I started to do a little research into the breed and here I am. I hatched out 4 (incubator of doom needs more tweaking) absolutely adorable fluffy buckeye chicks. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing my adventures.

Buckeye Large Fowl will be the American.  Buckeye Bantams, however, would be All other Combs Clean Legged.

Generally speaking with Large Fowl, origin dictates the class.  .

In Bantams defining features dictate the class.  This is because most Bantam varieties stem from 3 places:  US, England, and Germany.  They had no utility type purposes and were only for show.  So their defining features are why they have different class sets.

Thank you for letting me know it helps to understand how other birds are classed as well as my own.

Hello everyone. I accidentally got into buckeyes when hatching a couple dozen eggs to test out the modifications of my incubator. As I sat there peeking into the incubator of doom, I started to do a little research into the breed and here I am. I hatched out 4 (incubator of doom needs more tweaking) absolutely adorable fluffy buckeye chicks. I am looking forward to learning more and sharing my adventures.
Welcome to the thread, and to the world of owning Buckeyes! They are our favorite chicken breed, we just love them. Have fun!

frow.gif

WHAT is THIS!
It just showed up overnight. Yes my coop was cleaned yesterday but with the same bedding as before. He was doing some funky hip hop chicken dance with all of 18 girls yesterday and he also had a few chest bumps with the two other cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom