The Buckeye Thread

Pics
Thanks! I just can't wait till spring!! I'm working in finding one more line for my plan.

I have 2 eggs Buckeye eggs of 10 in the incubator lockdown in 4 days but being a first timer not too hopeful. This is going to be a very interesting next year :)

slfarms Waddles was a typo it was supposed to say wattles auto correct's fault
James, I knew it was a typo, the "pool" comment was a joke, hence the LOL/smiley face thingy. Besides, chickens would much rather swim in a warm bath.
lol.png
('nother joke)

Last edited:
Let me say this: I don't know anyone who goes to a show to lose.......that being said I think a lot of us go to shows to find out more about our birds and if we lose it is not the end of the world and sometimes the bird is entered to get an opinion.

Does raising Buckeye's just make people mean or is it mean people gravitate to Buckeyes. There are a lot of screwy things that go on online, but these Buckeye threads are the most mean spirited threads of all. The goal is to learn....not to argue. You guys argue about everything.......ahahahaah

w.

Thanks! I just can't wait till spring!! I'm working in finding one more line for my plan.

I have 2 eggs Buckeye eggs of 10 in the incubator lockdown in 4 days but being a first timer not too hopeful. This is going to be a very interesting next year
smile.png

I have 2 eggs Buckeye eggs of 10 in the incubator lockdown in 4 days but being a first timer not too hopeful. This is going to be a very interesting next year
smile.png
I just hatched out 11 out of 21 buckeyes last Thursday and I have 72 in the Incubator now all buckeye's, the ones that did not hatch was dew to eggs not being fertile. I am looking this spring to get a better line of buckeyes.

I just hatched out 11 out of 21 buckeyes last Thursday and I have 72 in the Incubator now all buckeye's, the ones that did not hatch was dew to eggs not being fertile. I am looking this spring to get a better line of buckeyes.  

These two have bouncing chicks inside and the last eggs before my only Buckeye hen went into molt and stopped laying. So it's going to be a stressful week.

Let me say this: I don't know anyone who goes to a show to lose.......that being said I think a lot of us go to shows to find out more about our birds and if we lose it is not the end of the world and sometimes the bird is entered to get an opinion.

Does raising Buckeye's just make people mean or is it mean people gravitate to Buckeyes. There are a lot of screwy things that go on online, but these Buckeye threads are the most mean spirited threads of all. The goal is to learn....not to argue. You guys argue about everything.......ahahahaah

w.

Not everyone is mean on here or at least that I have met in my limited experience. I was thinking we need a "fun" buckeye thread where sop, shows and judging isn't talked about but just our experiences. Like my buckeye who half crows if we look at him like he suddenly gets stage fright and it sounds like a choking crow.

w.

:) LOL we aren't mean Walt. Very spirited I would agree with.

Not everyone is mean on here or at least that I have met in my limited experience. I was thinking we need a "fun" buckeye thread where sop, shows and judging isn't talked about but just our experiences. Like my buckeye who half crows if we look at him like he suddenly gets stage fright and it sounds like a choking crow.

I know.....it just seems like it sometimes.

This could be a fun thread if we could get rid of our ego's for a bit. There are plenty of people that post that have very good ideas and different ideas are always good, if folks can get along.
You don't have to like a person to be civil.

What do you folks do to get/keep the proper comb? Large/coarse combs seem to be a problem that I see when judging Buckeye's.

Walt

These two have bouncing chicks inside and the last eggs before my only Buckeye hen went into molt and stopped laying. So it's going to be a stressful week.
I have 10 hens and 2 rooster and that was my first hatch, really had more live chicks than I thought I would get, Hoping to get at least 50 from the next hatch so I will have plenty to send to freezer camp this spring. I will candle them tonight and then next Friday and then to lock down3 days before hatch. Chickens have slowed down on egg production. I wonder why LOL

Back
Top Bottom