The building of... {no name yet} - let the *fun* begin! VERY pic heavy!

Got all the window sashes primed yesterday and today finishing priming the inside if the coop. I'm using Kilz original primer and then Kilz professional semi-gloss paint. Got the 1st coat of paint on tonight and 1/3rd of the way done with the 2nd coat. Tomorrow we will put hardware cloth in the coop pad and then gravel over that. Then the coop can finally leave our garage! Yay!!

Narrowing down paint/trim colors.

Been a little while since I've updated. Progress has been slow. But starting tomorrow it should speed up considerably. Tomorrow morning the coop is finally going outside!!

Adding roof supports for the nest box

Painting the window sashes (Sherwin Williams Muddled Basil). Figured out that NOT taping is much faster. The paint scrapes off the glass super easy!!

One side done.

This will get flashing and a j-channel to hold the corten roof.

We put hardware cloth with an apron extending up where it will meet the coop and run. Have since put in class 5 over the hardware cloth to level the pad. Coop will go on the left, run on the right. Sand will go inside both. River rock will go around the border to cover the class 5. This photo was while we were working on it. There are no gaps in hardware cloth now :)

The hardie siding will be painted with Sherwin Williams Messenger Bag. It's a lighter green than the windows and trim (Muddled Basil). This was my inspiration:

Ordered the auto door opener this week to. Decided on the VSBbi (inside mounted). Traced out the pop door too. Biggest I can squeeze in was 11"x11". I needed the space above for the door to be able to fully open. I hope it will be big enough for the girls to get in and out.

Yesterday the coop moved outside! Then we cut the pop door and wrapped and taped the seams and windows and door.

Windows and trim up, calked and painted!

^^ door trim still has to go up

Need to figure out how we will trim the top of this window.

Last edited:
Boy that's going to be tricky either short pieces placed in or no trim on top, when the siding is up you might not even notice there is no trim on top. It's coming together beautifully looks very nice I like the trim color.

Boy that's going to be tricky either short pieces placed in or no trim on top, when the siding is up you might not even notice there is no trim on top. It's coming together beautifully looks very nice I like the trim color.

Thank you! Yes I'm thinking we need to figure out maybe where the siding will land up there before deciding on how to do the trim too. My husband mentioned notching out where the rafters are out of the trim the board. Just seems like a difficult cutting job.

Back
Top Bottom