The building of... {no name yet} - let the *fun* begin! VERY pic heavy!

Lots of updates! Finally putting the siding up!

The roof finally started going on today!! Yay!!
(Feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread lol. Oh well)

Ridge vent has to get done after the west side gets the panels up but otherwise the roof is done. Siding is done too!! Just a few small fill in places. Has to get caulked and paint touched up. Front floor vent has to get put in. Door knob has to be installed. Chicken door has to get finished and auto opener set up. Nest box doors have to get hinged oh and nest box has to get roofed. And obviously the run has to get built. Goal is to have chickens moved in by this next weekend!!

Don't worry, I don't think that you are talking to yourself about your coop. It is a wonderful coop and I think that most are very jealous of what you have created. As for Jetdog's response I am sure that little slot below is for ventilation.

Looks very nice, what's the little slot next to the door under the window? Love the color.
Thanks!! The opening is a vent :) We have a louvered vent we found at Menards that slides in. We'll seal it off shut in the winter and just leave all the upper vents open at that point.

Don't worry, I don't think that you are talking to yourself about your coop. It is a wonderful coop and I think that most are very jealous of what you have created. As for Jetdog's response I am sure that little slot below is for ventilation.
Oh well thank you - it's been a big labor of love and lots of work finding good deals on materials so we don't break the bank
roll.png

Found out the city inspector guy is on vacation starting next week so we HAVE to have it totally done by Thursday night so inspector can come Friday morning. EEEEK!! The push is on! And it's going to be like 100 degrees out today. Ick.

Finally back with more pictures!!! Working on the feeder's and waterer now - fun stuff!!!

Still have to build a perch for the nest box...

Ramp is less steep than in this photo. I've added under the bottom of the ramp to bring it up. Now they easily go up and down.

Hopping to my phone to add more pics that I haven't transferred yet!

Back
Top Bottom