The building of... {no name yet} - let the *fun* begin! VERY pic heavy!

FINALLY more work getting done after returning home from Disney World!! Having my plans printed makes things go SO much quicker!

West Wall almost done:

Cutting started on East Wall:

This is the North wall. And the 3rd that's now done. Today we will build the base and the 4th wall. Fun, fun!!

Last edited:
We got all 4 walls framed and the base built. Yay! Progress!! We need to frame the nest box and roof next.

Haven't posted an update in a while. But we've gotten a bit further. Though not as far as either of us had hoped. Always works that way, right? I remember reading posts saying it took twice as long as they expected to build. Well - THEY WERE RIGHT!! :)

It's all insulated and all screw heads and OSB seams caulked. Window frames and sills built. Have started building the trim pieces and stops for windows. Have started priming windows too. Husband went out tonight and finished the 4x4 lumber frame for the gravel pad that the coop and run will go on. Gravel comes tomorrow. Goal for this week is to paint and hinge all windows. I have to sand and cut the door (making a Dutch door) the prime and paint that. I have to finish painting the inside of the coop too (used Kilz original primer and bought the pro kilz interior semi-gloss for the paint). This weekend the coop will hopefully move outside and the roof will get put on! Then we will tyvek the coop and start putting windows and trim on. Then siding and hardware cloth on all vents and windows. Oh and can't forget the run too! Work is slow when you have three little kids to contend with! Most of our work only happens at night. Or on weekends when the grandparents can help babysit (and they're in Alaska on vacation now).

I need to make a decision on which auto door opener to use too. Also what size chicken door I should make. Any input on that size? I'll need to cut the hole before we wrap the coop.

Back
Top Bottom