The building of... {no name yet} - let the *fun* begin! VERY pic heavy!

I would prime hardie board siding with Loxon primer or their multi-purpose primer from SW. Which ever is on sale:) If it is red siding use a grey primer first. Have them tint it to P-2. They will know what that means. That is a very light primer and will kill the red. If you use white primer it is harder to cover. Then I coat with Duration satin exterior. This is what Hardee puts on their pre-painted siding and what they spec. I also use vulkem caulk. Do it this way and you will have a pro job that lasts years.

I would prime hardie board siding with Loxon primer or their multi-purpose primer from SW. Which ever is on sale:) If it is red siding use a grey primer first. Have them tint it to P-2. They will know what that means. That is a very light primer and will kill the red. If you use white primer it is harder to cover. Then I coat with Duration satin exterior. This is what Hardee puts on their pre-painted siding and what they spec. I also use vulkem caulk. Do it this way and you will have a pro job that lasts years.

Thank you so so much!!!! Is your caulk tinted? My husband was asking me this earlier in the week... I wasn't sure if people use clear caulk for the hardie or if it's colored??

Don't use clear. Caulk before painting. I know limestone vulkem is very neutral and paintable after a day or so. It is a urethane caulk that works well with fiber cement. Very sticky. You can wet your finger with soapy water to tool. Use a good caulk gun and don't apply if it is cold outside. Will be hard to apply.

Well, got a few hours in this afternoon of work. 3 windows stripped. 2 to go. 1 door left to finish also. The door had 3 layers of paint! The heat gun is working MUCH better than using paint stripper. What a nightmare that was.

This one (below) I tried paint stripper on. Ick.

Well I went to Sherwin Williams on Monday, the last day of their sale, and bought 2 gallons Loxom primer and 2 gallons of Duration exterior paint. I did not have the exterior paint tinted. I will go back to have that done once I pick a color. These are the swatches I grabbed... leaning towards the Olive Grove. But it's so hard to know just looking at a tiny swatch! UGH! Finishing up some options for the roost layout - I will post them when I'm done so I can get feedback!

Love Messenger Bag very similar to the color that I used from Sherwin which is call Dolphin. Forestwood would be a great accent color.

I love Messenger Bag too! I was having a hard time figuring out which I liked better. Maybe I'll google both and see if I can find some actual houses or sheds painted with them. I also loved that Forestwood as an accent too.

Cool colors! I advise my clients to always get a sample of "color to go" from Sherwin. Costs $6 for a quart. Paint it on a big scrap of whatever and look at it in all lights. (Morning noon and night). I can't tell you how many times I've heard " that looks nothing like the swatch!" Getting the right color is half the battle of painting. Can't wait to see your progress!

Cool colors! I advise my clients to always get a sample of "color to go" from Sherwin. Costs $6 for a quart. Paint it on a big scrap of whatever and look at it in all lights. (Morning noon and night). I can't tell you how many times I've heard " that looks nothing like the swatch!" Getting the right color is half the battle of painting. Can't wait to see your progress!

Really good advice!! I will do that. I think I'll narrow it down and then get one or two color samples to try out... last thing I wanna do is tint 2 gallons and then not like it. Esp because its not cheap paint!

Back
Top Bottom