The building of Pea Palace(Pic Heavy)

I finally got two more pens completed today,and moved the Midnight Black Shoulders into their pen.I think pen number4 will house the Purple B/S Silver pied with his harem of 2 purple and 2 purple B/S hens.I also have 1 purple w/e hen,,but that may be asking too much for a 2 year old male.

Yes more than 4 may be pushing it.....but i have had 2 yr old have 80% fertile with 4 hens

Completed one more pen today,,going to split some of my Blues up and breed one pen for w/e.Just need to build an entrance door then seperate out about 3 hens and one Pied male.I now have 6 pens with room for 4 more yet to be finished. I have located a Cameo trio,and a seperate Cameo w/e male,,,so the construction continues

Last edited:
More pictures coming later today,,brought home a BEAUTIFUL,,,,,,,Black Shoulder Silver Pied trio with a Silver Pied Hen yesterday,,,so that meant building ANOTHER Pen,,under the netting.Built another pen to move last years hatched young birds into a bigger space too,,so actually 2 pens was made since Wednesday,one being a 10x30,,and 1 a 10x20,,still leaving me room for 2 more 10x20 pens,,than all space under the top net will have been utilized.Also today we woke up to the first new peachick hatched for 2012,a Opal B/S with 2 more due out Monday.

Your an addic...
gig.gif

but i am also i have reserved some more cameos, i have one i raised up from last years hatch and and she is so beautiful.Are we gonna get to see photos of the newcommers too...Pleassssssse
bow.gif

zazoose,,wife took camera with her thisafternoon,graduation parties ect,,,one thing I have wanted to do that I do not see on any websites about Peafowl,,is to have a picture of the particular color variety of the chick,the hen,and then a full trained male.So many websites only have a picture of say,,just a hen,or just the Cock bird,or some do have a pic of the chicks only,,why not a coordinated effort for pics of all 3?? I now could supply all 3 pics for Opal B/S,,soon for Bronze and Midnight birds,,but to have a "COMPLETE" picture diary of every color would be nice for identification purposes,,,yes? I'll get pics tonight,,and I'm hoping my single Opal b/s chick has some company soon.

Or a coordinated thread with many pics of the chick as it grows and changes colors,one thread for each color? But you would need to know exactly what the chick was,,and guessing at 1 day old the sex,so pics of both could be posted would be tough unless that color is sex linked

It would definately be nice to have pics of young and adult birds of each colour. I am presently attempting to do this as well, but its more of a multi year project. Hoping to put together a photo book that includes some of the history of each colour/pattern and the breeding required to achieve some of them.

zazoose,,wife took camera with her thisafternoon,graduation parties ect,,,one thing I have wanted to do that I do not see on any websites about Peafowl,,is to have a picture of the particular color variety of the chick,the hen,and then a full trained male.So many websites only have a picture of say,,just a hen,or just the Cock bird,or some do have a pic of the chicks only,,why not a coordinated effort for pics of all 3?? I now could supply all 3 pics for Opal B/S,,soon for Bronze and Midnight birds,,but to have a "COMPLETE" picture diary of every color would be nice for identification purposes,,,yes? I'll get pics tonight,,and I'm hoping my single Opal b/s chick has some company soon.
The UPA has been collecting these for a while, but has not yet published their comprehensive effort. They have thousands of photos and are assembling them into collections by color and pattern. If you're looking for a specific photo for comparison purposes, you might contact the UPA. And if you have any photos to submit, you are given photo credit for all images used in their collections.
Like zaz, I'd love to see your baby photos!

Back
Top Bottom