The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Garlic. I use concentrated garlic juice on my yard and the walls around it to keep them at bay. You can try a bunch of crushed cloves in a dish on top of their cages and refresh as necessary.
I will have to try those, thank you! We have been moving in today and so hopefully I can start experimenting more on what to do about the mosquitoes since I can keep a closer eye on the buns. Right now the fly spray + fan has been keeping the bugs off of them, but I don't know how long we are gonna have to deal with the bugs until we can start getting it under control so I'll try anything to keep them down around their hutch and run whenever I set it up.

I will have to try those, thank you! We have been moving in today and so hopefully I can start experimenting more on what to do about the mosquitoes since I can keep a closer eye on the buns. Right now the fly spray + fan has been keeping the bugs off of them, but I don't know how long we are gonna have to deal with the bugs until we can start getting it under control so I'll try anything to keep them down around their hutch and run whenever I set it up.
Good luck! You can also crush and steep in water

Hi! I'm new in the bunny thread. I found this chart at the beginning of the thread and I decided to use it.

Form--
Name: Chicory
Age/DOB: 8/15/2020
Breed: Mini Rex
Color: Broken Amber
Spayed/Neutered: Not yet, a few more months.
Personality: Active, likes destroying toys she's supposed to share.
Likes attention: Likes head and ear pets.
Favorites: Dipping cardboard and paper in water before chewing (does this count?)
Other:
Picture:
IMG_7315.JPG

Form--
Name: Sage
Color: Broken (faintly)
Spayed/Neutered: Not yet, also a few more months
Personality: Skittish, curious
Likes attention: Look, but don't touch
Favorites: Origami paper balloons
Other:
Picture:
IMG_7311.JPG

These are my bunnies! Just a question, is it normal for rabbits to fart? One of the is always farting. It's really loud, too.

Hi! I'm new in the bunny thread. I found this chart at the beginning of the thread and I decided to use it.

Form--
Name: Chicory
Color: Broken Amber
Spayed/Neutered: Not yet, a few more months.
Personality: Active, likes destroying toys she's supposed to share.
Likes attention: Likes head and ear pets.
Favorites: Dipping cardboard and paper in water before chewing (does this count?)
Other:
Picture:
View attachment 2381504

Form--
Name: Sage
Color: Broken (faintly)
Spayed/Neutered: Not yet, also a few more months
Personality: Skittish, curious
Likes attention: Look, but don't touch
Favorites: Origami paper balloons
Other:
Picture:
View attachment 2381505

These are my bunnies! Just a question, is it normal for rabbits to fart? One of the is always farting. It's really loud, too.
Welcome! Theyre adorable 😍

I’ve always been under the impression that it is impossible for a rabbit to pass gas, or vomit. So, my guess would be No, it’s not common.

Welcome! Theyre adorable 😍

I’ve always been under the impression that it is impossible for a rabbit to pass gas, or vomit. So, my guess would be No, it’s not common.

Farting sometimes is normal, burping isn't. They can't bring anything back up, that's why they can't vomit. If they couldn't fart OR burp they'd just all die. :p

But farting a LOT I would say is not normal. Which one is the one that farts more?

Farting sometimes is normal, burping isn't. They can't bring anything back up, that's why they can't vomit. If they couldn't fart OR burp they'd just all die. :p

But farting a LOT I would say is not normal. Which one is the one that farts more?
I did wonder but never heard otherwise, even from people who've raised rabbits for decades. Mine have never farted.

Back
Top Bottom