The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Compost King

Free Ranging
Apr 19, 2018
Salisbury, North Carolina
I have a rock paper scissors story about Rabbits (wild) Chickens and Cats. I was observing the yard 2 summers ago, chickens were free ranging in the tree nursery, rabbits were in the way back of the yard in the shaded area, cats were hanging out near the house. As the sun went in late afternoon long shadow mode providing more shade for the yard the wild rabbits started to move into the Nursery where the chickens had been weeding my pots and foraging. The chickens were terrified of the rabbits like they were a predator and came running towards the house... The Cats are terrified of chickens, or maybe just annoyed by them and saw the chickens coming close and took off running towards the rabbits, Then the rabbits saw the cats and took off running.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
I have a rock paper scissors story about Rabbits (wild) Chickens and Cats. I was observing the yard 2 summers ago, chickens were free ranging in the tree nursery, rabbits were in the way back of the yard in the shaded area, cats were hanging out near the house. As the sun went in late afternoon long shadow mode providing more shade for the yard the wild rabbits started to move into the Nursery where the chickens had been weeding my pots and foraging. The chickens were terrified of the rabbits like they were a predator and came running towards the house... The Cats are terrified of chickens, or maybe just annoyed by them and saw the chickens coming close and took off running towards the rabbits, Then the rabbits saw the cats and took off running.
My duck was nipping at a wild bunnies tail a few months back 😂 it was by my garden and she chased it away.

Top Bottom