The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

IMG_6908.JPG

3 giant Okra plants have been plucked clean so my rabbits will have an Okra Leaf feast today.

I'm going to get the rabbits some hay, toys, bananas, and spring mix. I made these for them too

20200928_212516.jpg

Toilet paper tube for treats

20200928_212500.jpg

Paper towel roll for hay (I replaced the yarn with twine)

Box for hay (has two other holes on the back)

20200928_212337.jpg

Hidey houses

20200928_212447.jpg

20200928_212426.jpg

20200928_212413.jpg

20200928_212318.jpg

And four of these chew toys

20200928_170532.jpg

(Sorry for the bad photos, it was dark out)

Hmm... On one hand, I know they are a big business with a lot of animals, so it may be they do not take the time or unable to give them top notch care. With a lot of animals, it's hard to keep water constantly clean in every pen as well as bedding, so for my own personal opinion, I have to give them that... Although if they allow you to help, I think that would be wonderful, since the rabbits would probably love better care! Did you ask about if you are allowed to implement some of your ideas? That'd be great if you could.

Also, did you ask at all about feeding schedules or where they go at night? It could very likely be they are given hay, but only at certain times, and maybe are put somewhere or covered so as to be protected from predators. I don't know. Not trying to defend them, just saying, there's a ton of information I don't know here. Either way, I hope you can help them out! :)
When I go to drop stuff off for them I'm going to ask them those questions and see if they have a building we could turn into a bunny room. I'd also love to be able to sit with them and maybe get to earn their trust a bit. Of course that takes time but it's a start. I'm going to try to see if I can move Sprite into the area with the other three. Since they haven't been bonded yet I'm going to setup a gate so Sprite can have just a little less than half the area.
Doesn’t sound like much of a rescue to me :smack
Yeah I can tell that they were trying their best to give them a good life but the volunteers are uneducated about them and unwilling to change anything or really help.
You should have seen the ducks.
There was a large Muscovy with Mallards and white Call ducks. The Muscovy (female) was trying to mate one of the Mallard drakes probably for dominance and injuring the Mallard in the process. The drake to duck ratio was bad. And two of the ducks had angel wing (a female Mallard and a Call).
Most of the other animals had a pretty bad diet and not the cleanest environment. A lot of wasted space on the property too. There were large grassy areas that could be used for the goats or sheep (or others) but instead were being used as a playground that they weren't even making money off of.
Eventually I'll talk to maybe the owner about some of these things and find a place for the rabbits. We may have to either but a large shed or build one which could be expensive.

Back
Top Bottom