The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Hello all! I recently found this thread and I thought it would be cool to talk to you all about all things rabbits on this thread! I thought I’d share a brief history of my life with rabbits. I have had rabbits for the better part of 10 years. I originally got two rabbits, Houdini a black mini Rex(named for her cage mischief and my odd Hungarian family side ) and a white and grey spotted mini Dutch lop, Iris. I got them from a local petting zoo that adopted out their adult rabbits. I put them outside in a very spacious run and hutch situation I could build. They were a lot of fun even though they were always somewhat wary of me. They lived to be around 7 and 8 years old. Their deaths were very sad so I was quite vurenble when I saw a lonely little gray baby kit at my local feed store around a year or so later. Nevertheless less, I got her and named her Isabella. I believe she is a New Zealand mix due to her hair pattern but she is quite small( I’d say a mini, Definitely bigger than a Netherlands) so who know tbh! A little less than I year later I got Benjamin, a 1year old rescue, I believe he could be some sort of palamino mix but again, who really knows. He’d had quite the beginning to life, was found running on the side of the road by animal catchers. When we got him had just been neutered and gotten out of the shelter so he was quite the rascal, he would spray among other less desirable behaviors. My family doubted my choice but nevertheless he has become a extremely affectionate well behaved boy with bonding, training, and time. Anyways, I love rabbits! They will always hold a special place in my heart, most likely will always have some, and I think they are often very over looked and misunderstood. Today, Benjamin and Isabella are 2 years old and now live in a large pen in my room and enjoy their large amounts of inside and outside(in a inclosed pen) play time! The pictures are of Isabella as a baby, Isabella recently(a few months ago), and Benjamin in a play pen very recently after we got him. To be honest, I still think about my first rabbits, I wish I knew what I knew now and they could’ve liked and trusted me more. I guess you cannot change the past though!
79CF020F-36E1-43B0-B1E5-DBF4FF7821F7.jpeg
6CBF8665-5288-4941-A0CA-89A79C3F3B33.jpeg
E9A925B4-4B2E-4019-AC23-18039ECE24E8.jpeg

Hello all! I recently found this thread and I thought it would be cool to talk to you all about all things rabbits on this thread! I thought I’d share a brief history of my life with rabbits. I have had rabbits for the better part of 10 years. I originally got two rabbits, Houdini a black mini Rex(named for her cage mischief and my odd Hungarian family side ) and a white and grey spotted mini Dutch lop, Iris. I got them from a local petting zoo that adopted out their adult rabbits. I put them outside in a very spacious run and hutch situation I could build. They were a lot of fun even though they were always somewhat wary of me. They lived to be around 7 and 8 years old. Their deaths were very sad so I was quite vurenble when I saw a lonely little gray baby kit at my local feed store around a year or so later. Nevertheless less, I got her and named her Isabella. I believe she is a New Zealand mix due to her hair pattern but she is quite small( I’d say a mini, Definitely bigger than a Netherlands) so who know tbh! A little less than I year later I got Benjamin, a 1year old rescue, I believe he could be some sort of palamino mix but again, who really knows. He’d had quite the beginning to life, was found running on the side of the road by animal catchers. When we got him had just been neutered and gotten out of the shelter so he was quite the rascal, he would spray among other less desirable behaviors. My family doubted my choice but nevertheless he has become a extremely affectionate well behaved boy with bonding, training, and time. Anyways, I love rabbits! They will always hold a special place in my heart, most likely will always have some, and I think they are often very over looked and misunderstood. Today, Benjamin and Isabella are 2 years old and now live in a large pen in my room and enjoy their large amounts of inside and outside(in a inclosed pen) play time! The pictures are of Isabella as a baby, Isabella recently(a few months ago), and Benjamin in a play pen very recently after we got him. To be honest, I still think about my first rabbits, I wish I knew what I knew now and they could’ve liked and trusted me more. I guess you cannot change the past though!View attachment 2408342View attachment 2408343View attachment 2408344
Beautiful beautiful rabbits! :love And I love your stories about all of your rabbits, too. They really do make the best pets ever.

Clearwater and Tampa are pretty close together. This is weird :lol: You might be right about that spell.
When we lived in VA Isabelle(?) came through and pretty much trashed Yorktown and Williamsburg, but not Newport News or Hampton. Weather is weird.
Virginia has had insane rain for days this week. When I walk in the yard I slip on mud every single time.

Back
Top Bottom