The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Hi guys it's me again :p I missed having lil bunny talks with yall. I'm looking at an ad for an English angora female rn (I have to buy rabbits since adopting rabbits is not a thinf in pakistan sadly) and this time I wanna keep the bunny in my room atleast. I remember with bugz I had to clean the cage very often and the litter box too and the pee would smell quite bad. The only problem in keeping the rabbit indoor would be the odor. What is the solution to this problem? And also how many times in a week shall I clean the litterbox.

Hi guys it's me again :p I missed having lil bunny talks with yall. I'm looking at an ad for an English angora female rn (I have to buy rabbits since adopting rabbits is not a thinf in pakistan sadly) and this time I wanna keep the bunny in my room atleast. I remember with bugz I had to clean the cage very often and the litter box too and the pee would smell quite bad. The only problem in keeping the rabbit indoor would be the odor. What is the solution to this problem? And also how many times in a week shall I clean the litterbox.
Getting her fixed would help a lot.
The key is keeping everything nice and tidy and cleaning often. Keep hay off the ground and don't use bedding on the cage. If you use bedding she'll use the whole cage as a litter box.
Everybunny is different, so some need their litter box cleaned more often than others but I would clean it out every other day. Deep cleaning with pet safe cleaning spray once a week.

Is there anything you can use for a pen rather than a cage?

One thing to keep in kind with angoras, they need lots of grooming. And haircuts to keep her hair from dragging through hay, poop, and pee.

Getting her fixed would help a lot.
The key is keeping everything nice and tidy and cleaning often. Keep hay off the ground and don't use bedding on the cage. If you use bedding she'll use the whole cage as a litter box.
Everybunny is different, so some need their litter box cleaned more often than others but I would clean it out every other day. Deep cleaning with pet safe cleaning spray once a week.

Is there anything you can use for a pen rather than a cage?

One thing to keep in kind with angoras, they need lots of grooming. And haircuts to keep her hair from dragging through hay, poop, and pee.
I will try to get her fixed I did find some vets. Im obsessed with cleaning so I don't mind cleaning every day. I also don't wanna use a cage might have to make a pen out of foldable cages. I don't think I can find such spray in pakistan. I did have alot of trouble grooming bugz. I don't how to cut a bunnies hair. She is a breeder bunny so pretty sure she's timid and afraid. Age is 11 months. Quality is so so and price is high but she is heckin adorable. I just need permission for keeping her in my room. Any other ideas on housing rabbits?

Welcome back! Good to hear from you!
Like Everything Ducks said, just clean everyday or at least several times a week.
@igorsMistress has a really cool setup for her indoor bunnies.
On BYH, Backyard Herds, Niele de Kine has angoras. You can read about them and if you’d like to make an account, you can chat with them. They are very helpful. I was talking to them about angoras, but I don’t remember the thread. I’ll have to look later.

Welcome back! Good to hear from you!
Like Everything Ducks said, just clean everyday or at least several times a week.
@igorsMistress has a really cool setup for her indoor bunnies.
On BYH, Backyard Herds, Niele de Kine has angoras. You can read about them and if you’d like to make an account, you can chat with them. They are very helpful. I was talking to them about angoras, but I don’t remember the thread. I’ll have to look later.
Thank you! Will check them out thanks again

Hi there! Honestly, if you clean the litter box regularly you shouldn’t have any major issues with odor but rabbits are animals and they do smell. Some people are more sensitive to it than others.
I’m not sure what options you have there, but ideas come to mind. I use pine pellets in the bottom of the litter box. They are made for horse stalls and such but they are great for odor control, soak up pee and come out of the litter box quite nicely. In addition to or instead of that, I have a screen made out of hardware cloth cut to fit inside the litter box. I take this out and dump the poop daily because I use it in my garden. But then you can simply use a scoop to remove the wet hay underneath and put in fresh. Also, try two litter boxes. Use one for a few days, then dump and set in the sun. The sun is great at killing germs and odors in my bunnies litter boxes. I leave them out there for a day or two or until I’m ready for I change the box.

Hi there! Honestly, if you clean the litter box regularly you shouldn’t have any major issues with odor but rabbits are animals and they do smell. Some people are more sensitive to it than others.
I’m not sure what options you have there, but ideas come to mind. I use pine pellets in the bottom of the litter box. They are made for horse stalls and such but they are great for odor control, soak up pee and come out of the litter box quite nicely. In addition to or instead of that, I have a screen made out of hardware cloth cut to fit inside the litter box. I take this out and dump the poop daily because I use it in my garden. But then you can simply use a scoop to remove the wet hay underneath and put in fresh. Also, try two litter boxes. Use one for a few days, then dump and set in the sun. The sun is great at killing germs and odors in my bunnies litter boxes. I leave them out there for a day or two or until I’m ready for I change the box.
I couldn't find any pellets or litter in my area so I lined the litterbox with a think layer of foam and made litter out of newspaper and other paper. I don't mind cleaning daily. Thanks for the tips!

I couldn't find any pellets or litter in my area so I lined the litterbox with a think layer of foam and made litter out of newspaper and other paper. I don't mind cleaning daily. Thanks for the tips!
Maybe ditch the foam? It’ll retain odors

Yes, this is a good method of odor control. The breeder I go Amelia from did this too, and I used to do it, but when I had two bunnies, they had different pee corners so I stopped using that method :p

Back
Top Bottom