The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

My doe is on day 36 of pregnancy. I can see the kits moving in her belly. She has pulled a lot of fur and seems to have had a few false starts (in nest for hours, panting) but still no kits.) Curious what is the longest you have seen a doe go and kindle a healthy litter? Thanks!

My doe is on day 36 of pregnancy. I can see the kits moving in her belly. She has pulled a lot of fur and seems to have had a few false starts (in nest for hours, panting) but still no kits.) Curious what is the longest you have seen a doe go and kindle a healthy litter? Thanks!
What breed???? Mine NZW have always been day 31 like clockwork…..even with first kindling

Age of doe???? Is this first time??? At this point, I would consider veterinary intervention. I have noticed mine will delay if stressed. Are there any out of the ordinary stressors possible???? (Aside from heat? That could also be a factor this time of year)

Do you think it is possible she has a stuck kit? I know that stuck or retained kits can happen, although I have never experienced them myself. There are guides online though about what to do.
I have seen her pee a few times so I don't think so? She is not acting sick or weird, I feel like a stuck kit would be obvious but I am really not sure. I suppose if this goes on much longer I will have to get a closer look

Age of doe???? Is this first time??? At this point, I would consider veterinary intervention. I have noticed mine will delay if stressed. Are there any out of the ordinary stressors possible???? (Aside from heat? That could also be a factor this time of year)
She is 15 months old. This is her second time pregnant, first time she birthed on day 32 on the wire, none made it. She lives in the barn with the chickens, but other than that she has privacy and a nice nest box.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think a vet is in the cards. No vets around here are taking new patients so emergency vet is the only option. It is $300 just to walk in. The rabbit cost $25. I am afraid it just doesn't add up. :(

She is 15 months old. This is her second time pregnant, first time she birthed on day 32 on the wire, none made it. She lives in the barn with the chickens, but other than that she has privacy and a nice nest box.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think a vet is in the cards. No vets around here are taking new patients so emergency vet is the only option. It is $300 just to walk in. The rabbit cost $25. I am afraid it just doesn't add up. :(
No judgments….totally understand. Hopefully a closer look will shed new light. Mine just went through a pseudo. We bred back for hopeful kindling around 7/10.

No judgments….totally understand. Hopefully a closer look will shed new light. Mine just went through a pseudo. We bred back for hopeful kindling around 7/10.
I just went out there with a ultra bright flashlight and got a good look at her bits. I read that the time to take action is if there is a visible kit stuck and there was no evidence of that. However when I was looking she expelled some bloody discharge from her vag and then laid down and started panting. My hopeful side is saying the kits are coming but my realistic side is saying she may be in distress. This is only my 3rd rabbit litter and the other two went seamlessly with a different doe so I just really don't know what is normal. I will check on her again before bed and see if she is ok. She has been eating a bit each day and pooping pretty normally and drinking a lot. At this point I will wait and see.

Appreciate your insight. Hope your doe does well! What kind of bunnies ya breedin?

Completely understandable :hugs Little girl was supposed to pay bills not make them!

Glad to hear no obvious sign of a stuck kit. I am crossing my fingers that the bloody discharge is the start of a successful labor :fl:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom