The butt of my silky chicken is red with blood or something stuck on it and in it

All I see is feet. Try another angle.
Hello I recently got chickens, and I’ve been having some trouble with one of the silkies recently. This is my first time raising them. The trick is about one day old and she has a big, red lumpy clump on her butt. We don’t know how to get rid of it or if it’s a health hazard, so I personally have not touched it. I was wondering if there was an infection or something that is urgent and what I should do.
Hello! Thank you all for the warm welcome here are clearer photos

Attachments

• IMG_3086.jpeg
    IMG_3086.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3085.jpeg
    IMG_3085.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello! Thank you all for the warm welcome here are clearer photos
Is it drying up? It's still hard to see but I can tell it's not his rectum, it's his umbilical cord, and assume since it's still alive, it was just extra which should be drying up. It sure is cute!!

Is it drying up? It's still hard to see but I can tell it's not his rectum, it's his umbilical cord, and assume since it's still alive, it was just extra which should be drying up. It sure is cute!!
I agree, since what you seem to be showing us is more on the belly than right under the tail, I'd say what you're seeing is the umbilicus (equivalent of the belly button). Leave it alone and it will fall off in a few days. Do not pull on it.

Back
Top Bottom