1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The BYC is worth $19k

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Corey NC, May 19, 2008.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.backyardchickens.com

Net Worth:
    $19965.5
    Daily Pageview: 9117
    Daily Ads Revenue: $27.35
    Traffic Rank: 120648
    Backlinks: 50
    Dmoz Listing: Yes
    Dmoz Title: BackYard Chickens
    Dmoz Description: Large amount of information on buidling coops, health care, husbandry, forums and photos

I think the BYC is worth more than that. [​IMG]

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

wow, interesting! [​IMG] thanks for sharing!

3. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's fantastic [​IMG] ..... but, does anyone really know how accurate that site (Weboutlook.com)actually is??
    The editor in me saw quite a few typos on their main heading alone [​IMG] :

Websiteoutlook is a perfect place for website valuation. A buyer or Seller [why is "Seller" capitalized, but "buyer" not?] can get complete information about [a] website which he/she ["he" is grammatically correct for referring to both genders; the "/she" is not necessary] want to buy or sell. This information may not 100% accurate all the time[,] because it is calcultated [should be "calculated'] by a formula which depends on various factor avaliable [should be available] on [the] internet ["internet" should be capitalized] about a website ([no space needed] like traffic rank, google["google should be capitalized] [,] pagerank [should be "PageRank"] [no space needed], backlinks [should be hyphenated], directory listing and many other factors [no space needed] ). [Why put a period when the sentence is still going?? Put a comma.] but gives a nice overview about website. If you want to sell you[r] website you can add it in "For Sale" Section ["Section" should be lowercase]. These all ["All these"] services are free[,] so enjoy them[!] ;-)

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Yeah, I see big red flags about that site too! Bet they are going for page views if people link to them and they get clicked on a lot.

5. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Quote:I am just glad that I was not the only one to notice it [​IMG]

Quote:Who knows [​IMG]

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I wonder if Nifty will be selling shares!
    It would be nice to get in on the ground floor of something B-I-G!

[​IMG]

7. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, I agree and am willing to get in on the IPO....what do you think nifty, maybe a penny stock to start with and then a fortune eh?

bigzio

8. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    That is very interesting. I also think it is worth a lot more than that. A wonderful place to talk about wonderful chickens and to wonderful people it priceless in my book! [​IMG]

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

HAHAHA... this is great!

As anybody knows (especially anybody who has had jewelry, baseball cards, coins, etc. "appraised), an asset is only worth as much as someone will pay for it.

So, we'll start the bidding at $19,965.50??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Honestly though, the probability of me ever selling BYC is slim to none. Not to blow my own horn, but I just don't trust anybody else to have the crazy diversity (technical skills, chicken skills, community skills & patience) which is needed to keep this great resource alive and growing. I saw the site go dark twice and promised that I'd do all I could to never let that happen again!

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    toot

[​IMG]

Seriously, all the hours you put into this, it should be worth plenty. What you really need is more ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by