Hatchi Wan Kenobi
Premium Feather Member
Contest End Date: 4/7/21
Official BYC Article Writing Contest #13
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)
Write a great article and you could win a great prize & have your article featured on the homepage of BYC!
We are constantly amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful our community members are! The BYC forum provides a wonderful opportunity for members to post questions and reply with answers. Unfortunately, a lot of really amazing information can get lost in the super activity on the forum.
Over the years we’ve received a ton of requests to add more articles & FAQ’s to our Learning Center. Our BYC Coop Page Contests have been super successful and now we have over 3000 chicken coop articles in our Chicken Coops section! Hopefully, we can have similar success with this BYC Article Contest!!
- You write an article (or two)
- Once we have at least 20 article submissions we’ll set an end date for the contest (at least 1-week notice)
- We’ll judge the articles & pick winners
|First Place||$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for themselves or a friend.|
|Second Place||$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for themselves or a friend.|
|Third Place||$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for themselves or a friend.|
|Fourth Place||$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for themselves or a friend.|
|Fifth Place||$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for themselves or a friend.|
How To Enter:
- Pick a poultry-related topic. We suggest writing an article that is not already covered in our Learning Center, but is a topic that would be a good addition to one of the sections in the Learning Center.
- See here for article/member page/coop page writing tutorial:
- Create a well worded & detailed title. Example: “How To Raise & Process Chickens for Meat - Tips & Pictures” is much better than: “Meat Chickens”
- Write a unique high-quality article with around 500 words (more is fine as long as it is good/helpful info). It must have at least one picture relative to the subject. Bonus points if you add more pics (pictures are usually worth 1,000 words, but in this contest, they are worth about 10 - 50)
- Post a reply to this thread with a link to your completed article(s) - A maximum of Two article submissions per member will be allowed.
- All articles must be written by you and must be unique (do not copy from other sources).
- Absolutely NO COPYRIGHTED images will be accepted! Please enter only original pictures, taken by you, or someone you know (with their permission).
- Sorry, articles and pages submitted to our previous contests will not count for this contest.
- All articles must contain accurate information, and must be a minimum of 500 words (shoot for 750+), and should contain pictures relative to the subject matter.
- Please spell-check and grammar-check your article(s).
- BYC retains full license of articles submitted.
- At least 20 articles need to be submitted before the contest ends.
- The contest is void where prohibited.
- For extra bonus points, try to include at least one link at the end of your article to another related article/thread/etc.
- All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
Here are some great examples of existing BYC articles:
- Feeding Ducklings Medicated Feed - The Myths and the Truth
- Reasons for Tossing Out Your Indoor Brooder and Start Raising Your Chicks Outdoors
- How much room do chickens need
- Cleaning and storing fresh eggs
- Ten Reasons You Should Spend Ten Extra Minutes With Your Flock Every Day
Here are some article ideas to get to you started:
Raising and Processing Ducks for Meat
How to Use Permethrin Spray and Dust on Birds and Coops
Blackhead Disease in Turkeys
When Can Chicks Go Outside?
We look forward to your submissions!!
(Wait, you’re not the writing type? If you have an idea for an article that you’d like to see someone write, please reply to this thread with an idea for a title and a quick description of what you’d like to see contained in the article.)
Last edited by a moderator: