THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can get a Mascot sent to Iraq?????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=97422

Talking with someone about sending a Mascot over..Hippy Jim or Birdnutz might want to volunteer that backup Mascot they are each holding to send over? What do ya'll think? That would sure be a morale booster for the troops and a boon for BYC as that would mean alot of those guys would join the site...I say YES let's do it!!!!! Hippy Jim? Birdnutz? Want to draft one of your Mascots?!
wink.png

Last edited:
Well, I received Hippy Jim last weekend and he's been hanging out with us over the week... unfortunately there's not a lot happening
tongue.png
He did however tell me that Michigan is a LOT colder than Texas and was feeling a bit chilly... so today we made him a vest a nice backpack to help carry his souvenirs in, like his cool Texas magnet!
big_smile.png

Here are some pics so far.... we've got a party this Sat and my hubby is singing and playing in the band... so we'll be sure to get pics of Hippy Jim rockin out!
big_smile.png

Well when Hippy Jim first arrived my house, I had no idea what was in the package.... as I opened it up and my son Crane saw it was a chicken he decided to help..... he got it out, grinning and when I pushed the button on his wing.... the grin turned into sheer JOY!!!! He was in love! He grabbed Hippy Jim and made a break for it! I caught him at the steps and snapped some pics
big_smile.png

2948877951_1c159381a8.jpg

The dog had to come check out the commotion...

2949730744_2354f36311_o.jpg

Sniff test......

2949731000_4fc1ec2e84.jpg

Must have passed
wink.png

2948878137_5a7157cb8f.jpg

Took him to my son Fox's football game.....

He wanted to play but the gear just didn't fit.....

2949730862_f28c585173.jpg

So he hung out at the 40 for a while watching the game......

2949731112_22444e53dd.jpg

2949730784_464cc5489e.jpg

Hung out with my son.....

2949731202_a1e6a86e9f.jpg

2949730664_0f92ac0fbd.jpg

Look at that score..... they haven't won a game yet (they're the visiting team!!!)
wee.gif

2948877697_d7e4e6fc82.jpg

woot.gif
woot.gif

2948878071_ed4a1de39e.jpg

they WON!!!!!

Later that evening I went to a Pampered Chef party with my mom..... Chicken Chili was on the menu.....

2948878183_25088937e4_o.jpg

But NOT Hippy Jim!!!!!
lol.png

Today we made him something warm to wear
smile.png

The fitting......

2949751788_56568e568a.jpg

Modeling........ he's quite the looker
wink.png

2949751820_aa77b05f27.jpg

2949751758_b59dae73ea.jpg

2949751858_e6c7f3c3c7.jpg

And that backpack comes in handy.....

2948898017_ff7c66a1b8.jpg

that is TOO COOL!!! with that backpack, he looks like the old traveling uncle on fragil rock,,,hahaha
wink.png

well i knew he would have fun,, and looks like its just getting started lol
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

and that magnet was for you ,, maybe you can find 1 of your state to take to his next stop
smile.png

Guitartists~~

Oh my gosh i don't think i've seen so much cuteness in one post before!!! Your son is adorable!!! Love those curls and great big smile!! That vest and back pack are tooooo cute!!!!!

I'm glad Hippy Jim is having a great time with you so far.

Quote:
There is no way I could say the same thing any better!!!! I am so gushing!!!! AWWWWWW!!! Cute, cute kids and a Mascot that is having a total ball!!! A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Awww.. thanks everyone! They are cute, aren't they
wink.png
Some days they're not so cute... LOL But, we get through them
tongue.png

Oooooo... the magnet is for me?
big_smile.png
Sweeeet..... I'll be sure to send a little goodie on to the next host
big_smile.png
Thanks
big_smile.png

I'll have more pics come Sun and a video of my son singing the chicken dance with it! LOL I had to record it so we can look back after Hippy Jim moves on!
big_smile.png
He will be missed for sure
big_smile.png

Quote:
good idea!! ,, and your welcome for the magnet,,lol,, my wifers had to get in the middle of this no matter what it took,,lol
wink.png

ROTFLMBO!!!! That's what "wifers" are for!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
So funny!!! See...this is how I originally envisioned this effort..everyone laughing and enjoying the adventure...pure zen...guess I needed some Hippy
hugs.gif
help to make that happen!!!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks so much EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif

Well who'd of thunk! Popper and Pippi are huge football fans. We can't get them away from the TV when the Broncos play. (I hate to tell you all, but their favorite team is the Broncos - sorry to the rest of you football fans!
big_smile.png
)

IMG_4361.jpg

Popper wanted to play on my son's High School football team but just couldn't get the uniform to fit. (He's really wanting to get together with Hippy Jim and play some ball.)

IMG_4362.jpg

Pippi found out she loves cheerleading...

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

Here's Popper at the Victory bell... our team rings it after every game that they win. Pippi said it was way too loud she wouldn't come near it.

IMG_4401.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom