THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that when we sign up to be a host, along with an address, we should also give a valid phone number, so that when something like this happens, someone can call and check up on the mascot holder.
Not to intrude on thier life, just a quick, "Hey, how's everything going? Are there any valid reasons as to why you havent sent the mascot on, it has been a year that you have had it! Need help with finding a box or buying a stamp?"

i have no problem with that, I usually sent my telephone number with my address for swaps, trades and etc....I think I included mine originally to ScrambledEgg, if not, I will be glad to send it to her if she wants it.

Quote:
Quote:
Ditto
caf.gif
thumbsup.gif
caf.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

Quote:
LMAO.. that was funny.
I suggested to SE that we prepay postage. For example, I would pay for postage , and Pippi would be sent to me.. with a prepaid shipping label for the next person, who already paid. It would be way too much work for SE.. but then no one would have an excuse to not get the mascot mailed out- wouldn't even need a trip to the post office. Instead of sending mementos, post pictures. Then maybe someone can make an " Adventures of the BYC Mascot" CD.
I agree with the phone number thing too. Again, it puts alot of work on SE. If everyone wold just play the game nicely, we wouldn't have to be brainstorming like this...

That is a great idea but to be honest it really "bites" that we have to go that hassle because folks won't send them on and have the fun it was intended to be.

I would gladly do that. We are doing a easter seed swap and we send money for postage, our seeds, a gift and a self addressed stamped envelope on to the coordinator who will then mail everyone's swap out.

Popper saves the day!!!!! How cute!!!!! I can't believe those biddies sit on her hat like that!!! How awesome!!!! Cute, cute, cute!!!!!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Well, let's see if we can round up the missing mascots somehow, I dunno, I'll send pms to the last hosts, maybe if it's people ya'll know you can ask about them too. If we can round them all up we actually could re-start and have new criteria for sign up that might be more serious and committed. Ok, if ya'll aren't throwing in the Mascot towel, I won't either...sending pms today and hopefully rounding up some mia mascots.
ya.gif

Thanks Popper for stopping by and brightening our day!!!!!!!!

I have heard from Athena that she is leaving Iraq and has Commander Fowl in her suitcase..he is safe and sound and will be returning to the scene as she transitions back home.

Last edited:
I sent a pm to every person that has a mascot...hopefully they will respond with a post and by mailing the mascot either forward or back to me..we'll keep our fingers crossed
smile.png
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Good luck with the Great Mascot Roundup of '09, Darlene! All of your work and effort on this project has really amazed me!

Can we have a round of applause for Scrambled Egg and all of her hard work?

ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif

Quote:
Ditto!!
ya.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif

If you need help, I'll volunteer. I'm sure we can figure something out.

I hadn't planned on hosting a mascot until I saw all of the adventures, and the great imaginative pictures others had posted. I realized I wouldnt have to take the mascot somewhere exotic in order to have fun- I enjoyed reading and seeing the adventures, no matter where they all were.

I'd love to see it continue, because it is such a great idea. Alot of hard work was put into it, and I'd hate to see it end badly. It's too bad some people don't take all that into consideration. And yes, it "bites" that it even came to this...

MASCOTS RULE!!!!

Ok. I sent Henry on WEEKS AGO.

I posted what he did while here.
Got the name/address of the next person.
Repacked him with his new travel buddy(dog) and a gift for the next host and sent him.

I can tell you that I do not appreciate getting accused of mail fraud or stealing a stuffed animal.
roll.png

I have PLENTY of animals here, stuffed and not to keep us happy:p

edited to add. And I know the person I sent him on to got him and opened him. Because I got an email shortly there after thanking me for the gift we sent along

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom