THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE... well kinda:
Chuck got over his sickness... and so did i.. it took a week but we got over it lol
i've taken some other pics and we've had another adventure
i shall post them up tomorrow,
also.... do i have to request the next address scrambled?

Hello everyone, got the piccy's!
Chuck has been sleeping on my our spare bed that has my mums quilt and pillows that she made.
IMG_2744.jpg

She painted the pictures and sewed it and all. He's enjoyed sleeping there!
IMG_2746.jpg

Chuck got woked up the other day by the resident duck we have living in the spare bedroom. Ahiru!
IMG_2748.jpg

Ahiru is the duck i made from the anime Princess tutu!
After a first bad impression, those to got along! ^.^
IMG_2747.jpg

Chuck's final adventure will be posted hopefully tonight and i'll ship him off before the weekend lol

I love that quilt - your mom did a beautiful job. I'm betting you didn't let Chuck eat on the bed, that would have been awful for him to ruin that quilt.
big_smile.png

Where is Howard? Where is Howard? Where is Howard?

edited to ask: Where is Howard?

Last edited:
Just an update on Beaker. He ran into some trouble with "customs" (the post office) on his way out - They thought he looked a little fishy to be getting on the airplane at his current weight so they marched him back here for us to vouch for his good character in person. He's now happily on his way. Hopefully he'll arrive in time to attend church this sunday with parsonswife.
smile.png

p.s. Pringle, I love the quilt too! Looks great!

Last edited:
Well, I finally made it back from the field - and a day early to boot. Seven days in the pouring rain and I was ready to come back home and see what Fancy and the family had been up to. Turns out she visited the 3rd grade for a day. I think she had a blast with all those adoring 8 year olds. I'll post the pictures from that later today or tomorrow.

Following are the photos of my arrival. Fancy came down with the family to greet me at the floatplane dock. She took a "fancy" to the DeHavilland Beaver I arrived in. Guess she figured that's an easier way to fly than by flapping her wings.

9122_portage_trail_2008_093.jpg

9122_portage_trail_2008_094.jpg

(I don't usually look this bad - remember I'd just come back from 7 days in the back country!)

She even had to check out the engine cowling and prop. Silly Fancy - she looks like a bird strike up in there!

9122_portage_trail_2008_095.jpg

We'll get a few more shots of her this week and have her shipped out no later than Saturday. Scrambled, could you please pm me the next person's address? Thanks for all your patience, everyone!

Last edited:
I told my friend from down the street that I was going to be hosting a couple mascots. She said to come by when I get them so she can see what I was talking about. She thinks its neat. Oh and she was out of state and asked me to watch her dog that was going to have pups this weekend. Guess what!! She had ten pups!!!!!!! I was so nervous. It was the dogs second littler and my first lol.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Five yellow pups (4 boys, 1 girl), five black labs ( 3 males, 2 females). They are so cute! Thank goodness I was there to help becasue on the third one she had such a hard time. It was a big yellow male and I had to help her a bunch more then I thought I would have to. But anyway back to the topic lol. She doesn't have any chickens and her son keeps trying to get her to let him have chickens. But she told him no because he doesn't have the proper shelter for them yet. He will probably have some next year. I don't think she would get on hte forum only because she does more stuff then I do in one day I think. We both have four kids and animals but she is a den mother and does other things aas well. But I tell her all about the stuff that goes on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom