The case of the missing eggs?

Me too! Though I hate the idea of having another loner. I was on the fence about how to handle the ducklings mixed with goslings since ducklings are so much smaller. I usually keep them in a brooder inside for longer than goslings. And if any of her goslings hatch, I was going to let momma raise them. I’m keeping Couscous inside for now though. Such a little delight! And my kids love holding him/her!

I feel your pain! I bought four Shetland goose hatching eggs and only one hatched out, but I still kept the other three in the incubator for a week hoping against hope that one at least would hatch, and I felt like a murderer when I finally threw them out.
Hi, where did you get the Shetland eggs. I've been on the hunt for over a year. I even considered having them shipped from the UK through Canada to the states. If you have any leads I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Hi, where did you get the Shetland eggs. I've been on the hunt for over a year. I even considered having them shipped from the UK through Canada to the states. If you have any leads I would be very grateful. Thank you!
I don't know where you'd find them in the US. I think shipping from the UK might be too long for the eggs to remain viable, as they don't stand up well to posting. It could work if you flew over yourself, picked up the eggs from the farm on your last day and flew straight home with them well wrapped in your hand luggage. If that's a possibility I recommend Green Tree Farm https://www.greentreefarmshetlands.co.uk/ though it's a bit remote so you would need to arrange it with them in advance and hire a car.

Back
Top Bottom