THE CHEEPS ALMOST GOT ME!!!

Chicken diapers?!?!?! That you have to change? Do you have to wipe them? I just got my last kiddo out of diapers... ain’t no chickens gonna be in my house with a diaper. Lol. That’s funny. Although, they do look pretty cute all tame and snuggly. Maybe one silkie house chicken.

:idunnoDon't look at me. I'm crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy.
Don't quote me on this but its my understanding that there's no wiping involved. They make the diapers out of fabric (there are patterns people share) & I believe they put paper towels or feminine pads in them. You really should check out the 'house duck' thread, its a riot! :lau

OMG, this is a mad house... :eek: I have 28 eggs is the incubator that are going to hatch on monday and i am already saving up eggs again for putting in on wednesday or so (i have to have the time to clean the incubator, otherwise i would put them in on monday already) now i just have to tell my BF that we're incubating more eggs... :cool:

Well, in my defence, i have orders for chicks coming from everywhere, so it's not like we have to keep them. But it's sure nice to have a continuous flow of chicks around i guess... It's my first time incubating and i'm already hooked... :barnie

I ordered 6 for April. Why only 6? Because my coop isn’t big enough for more! I will have 12 hens total! That said.....I’m onto trying to convince my husband that creating a new coop/run for bantams is a fabulous idea. And I’m also desperately trying to figure out a way to expand our current coop/run so I can get more! He is so not on board with the expansion plans though.....so I might have to just be happy with my 12. There are so many other breeds I want to try though..........

I ordered 6 for April. Why only 6? Because my coop isn’t big enough for more! I will have 12 hens total! That said.....I’m onto trying to convince my husband that creating a new coop/run for bantams is a fabulous idea. And I’m also desperately trying to figure out a way to expand our current coop/run so I can get more! He is so not on board with the expansion plans though.....so I might have to just be happy with my 12. There are so many other breeds I want to try though..........
Intervention:
In the 3rd laying season (year 3), I must start new chicks to keep the good laying flow year to year. That was what was mentioned with these 12 layers that I started with, so He was pre-warned, no turning back. Oh no, now what will I do with the gals that get older & stop laying; the coop will only fit just so many comfortably. We don't butcher & love the hens that I've gotten to know so well in my coop, so I'm still plotting that out. I think that's what they call considering "chicken math." Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom