The chick with no name....

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

My Americanna did finally get a name. As a chick she would go berserk when ever we came into the bathroom. One day when I was visiting it dawned on me. With her beautiful markings and and her then behaviour I named her Basket, short for Basketcase, lol!
What weird is after I called her Basket she settled right down and became a very gentle loving Chicken. She defintely knows her name....

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I hope "Basket" grows up to be a beautiful healthy hen!

My Basket is sick. Wheezing, coughing, diareha, not eating or drinking. I have her separated from her sisters. Using dropper to give water with plain yogurt. Going to vet this morning.
What I thought was some new cute sound was the beginning of an illness....this awful.

I think I brought the illness back from Southern States. I realize that they neve disinfect the floors. I was driving by, saw the pretty flowers on sale and thought I would pick up some feed to. My normal place was closed. What a mistake. I am convinced this is how I brought the illness into our home, its the only thing I have done differently. And I really could have waited to get more food **** it!

Basket has flown the coop to chicken utopia, rest in peace my beautiful feathered friend.

Back
Top Bottom