The chicken chickies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Bettacreek, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Just have the two for now, but have plenty of eggs due next weekend, so I'll have lots of pics to share.
    The silkie chick isn't the smartest chick in the world, and not exactly the friendliest either, but I still like him/her. The cochin is a cocky little monster. S/he rules the brooder of buttons. When there are mealworms, the cochin tramples anyone and anything in the way, and everyone else pretty much lays down and waits to get trampled, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two taken today:
    [​IMG]

Look how cocky this little one is:
    [​IMG]

2. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Cute! That yellow one is tiny! I have a cochin too. She has a tendency to run full speed and not regard her surroundings... oops, there goes her sisters under her feet!

3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Oh, such a cute little button!

4. OldMORoo

OldMORoo Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2009
    S. W. MO
    Holly Molley, how old is the black chick in the first pic. He's a monster chick. [​IMG] And the last pic is cute; but not the first chick I've seen with an attitude though. [​IMG]
    Nice pics., keep us post on Mr/Mrs Addie [attitude] in the long run. [no pun intended] [​IMG]
    Claude

5. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Oops, sorry, the little one is a button, the black silkie chick is actually pretty dainty, only about half the size of the cochin chick.

6. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    OOOOh... wow, I've never seen baby buttons. They're itty bitty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by