the chicken coop and run (with pics)

tygab

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
MA/NH border
well, it's not completely done but almost... we started this back in May and it's taken a while w/other things including a bigger fence project going on, but we're now within a day or so of completion.

So, still missing is door hw cloth, latch. finishing out coop interior (roosts, boxes (probably later this summer), floor), reattaching the ramp, pop door latch, and attaching bird net up top.

But, work started out with a Costco shed kit which was on sale in the spring... DH and my FIL took to the assembly with FIL's nice assortment of tools.

2512013837_26e52618f6.jpg

2533124110_ca664b86ca.jpg

I sealed the doors and painted sides and trim (side shows chicken door and vents we added)...

2533126426_c8ddb8e4f0.jpg

painted and ready for fencing:

2647590089_d5783fce69.jpg

run mostly fenced in:

2647590687_802d834261.jpg

Nothing interesting in the interior yet. I'll add once it is ready for habitation. I hope it will be pred proof enough... I think I saw a fox tonight! :eek:

[Edited to add, it will be inside another perimeter fence of woven wire but right now there are some gaps in that fencing (under the gates etc) we have to close up. We're going to run a hotwire from our main fence electric too.]

Last edited:
no, it shouldn't be able to... the perimeter is trenched with about 1 ft hw cloth bowed out all around, and we are going to put rocks at the base too (we have PLENTY of those). The door also has its own skirting of hw cloth. Higher up is chicken wire.

Back
Top Bottom