Votes: 1 100.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShiftyShickens

Songster
Dec 12, 2017
the Great Mitten
so i am just coming across mention of this chicken health handbook. id looked it up and it has a nice 4.5 star rating online but i am still curious to see if anyone has an opinion of it online here before i click over and order it all hasty like. any insight is always greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I checked this out from my local library recently and I felt that it was a very informative book although I am a novice at raising chickens & cannot give any opinion on the accuracy of the information the book contains. If you have a library near you I would take a look and see if they have a copy available for you to get a better idea if it's something you would find helpful.

I think that is by Gail Damerow, also the author of Storys Guide to Raising Chickens. One could probably buy a used copy fairly cheap. I read the Story’s Guide as well as 4 other books when I got into chickens, and I feel that you can learn a lot from reading different sources including a lot of articles here on BYC. TheChickenChick is also a good source, and I think she has a book out now as well.

so i am just coming across mention of this chicken health handbook. id looked it up and it has a nice 4.5 star rating online but i am still curious to see if anyone has an opinion of it online here before i click over and order it all hasty like. any insight is always greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"The Chicken Health Handbook", Gail Damerow.
The first edition was copyright 1994, the update is 2015. I bought the new edition a few months ago and think it's a great addition to my library.
It is thorough, encyclopedic and very well indexed. The information is in depth (but still makes good reading IMO), as compared with some other books. The layout is accessible with great sidebars.
You can "look inside" at Amazon.
I have no negatives or cautions to offer. A positive for me is the author isn't "selling " anything <G>. my bias....

Back
Top Bottom