1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The chicken pied piper!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MickeysChicks, Mar 31, 2015.

1. MickeysChicks

MickeysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2014
    South Carolina
    With all the rain we have been having, I have been a little behind on my chicken chores. Not to mention the girls have been cooped up for long periods of time. So this afternoon it warmed up nicely and was a beautiful sunny day so I let the girls out while I gave the coop a good cleaning...it needed it!!! While I was finishing up my hubby called to say he would not be back to the house by the time I needed to leave and take our daughter to swim practice. Great! Because of multiple predator threats in the area I couldn't leave them out, no matter how much I wanted too! Safety first! But the girls were scattered all over our two acres and thoroughly enjoying themselves! And no, they were not interested in going back to the coop! Until.....my daughter went in the house and got the kitchen scrap bowl which contained corn cobs from last nights supper, lettuce and tomato scraps and a dozen boiled eggs. The girls saw her with that bowl in her hand and here they came out of all sorts of hiding places!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She had them in the pen and fighting over corn cobs in five minutes! As I closed the gate Gertrude looked up for a brief second but before she could complain about being cooped up again Lala stole her corn cob and the chase was on![​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Lol, That is the best way to get chickens to cooperate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by