The Chickendad Chronicles

What a pretty boy!
love.gif

Her words are so magic, how many times this week i have wished i could put into words the antics of mine...LOL! So when you get a chance, let us know how you are doing!

The Teenage Ameraucanas

There are nine Teenage Ameraucana Boys. You can tell they are teenagers by the ratty looking beards they are sporting, as well as by their over-the-top energy and excessive swagger. They are also a roving gang of landscape developers. The last nice sunny day, Mrs. Chickendad let them out to help them blow off some steam. They ran all over, flirting with the penned up bantams and digging up clouds of dirt to bathe in. They unplanted Mrs. Chickendad’s freshly divided irises, tromped through the sedum and ate seed heads off the black-eyed susans. Then they discovered the Baptisia, or false indigo.

The false indigo develops stalks of black seed pods which the boys found interesting. The pods didn’t taste very good, but when the stalk was pulled over, it made a fun rattling sound, like maracas. The boys took turns pulling on the stalks and listening to the rattles. They would turn their heads to listen and then run over to do it again. Must be the chicken version of video games.
12082_amers_false_indigo.jpg

12082_amers_rudibeckia.jpg

Since the big teenage boys were out, Mrs. Chickendad also let out the other big birds: the Ameraucana ladies and Bob, and the BLRWs. They have been living together in the big coop, with the young BLRWs and the Rhodies in the other half. The younger birds still cannot find their butts with both hands, so they had to stay in. The younger BLRWs have managed to intimidate the older Rhodies with their stink eye, so the Rhodies tend to pile up in front of the pop door and nobody can get in or out anyway.

Anyway, in the tradition of Barbara and her pals, the birds from the big coop had a landscaping party and spread the mulch all over the sidewalk. This way they can pick through it better to see if they have missed any tasty morsels. Mrs. Chickendad has found that the leaf blower puts it back in place easily, so she lets them have their party. Life isn’t all that exciting when you are a chicken, so you’d better make the most of it.

12082_amers_landscaping.jpg

Back
Top Bottom