The Chickendad Chronicles

Thanks for starting a new series.
wee.gif
You have a wonderful way with words. I always get a chuckle and a perfect picture in my mind of what's happening.
gig.gif
You have a rare talent.
thumbsup.gif

So glad to hear from you again! I've missed your stories! Looking forward to some new beginning adventures. We got home this eve and DH went out to check the flock and came back in to say something had gotten one of the roosters. They are in a pen by themselves waiting on freezer camp. Something, probably a racoon, grabbed him and looks like he tried to get him thru the netting fence. His head was gone. We've lost 10 this summer due to various demises. We believe at least 4 from racoons.

i have the Barbara stories in pdf for private reading- Mrschickendad has graciously allowed me to share but only private viewing, they are still her copyright...
smile.png
so pm me if interested, they are fairly large, so i broke it in sections

How Cowboy the Cochin Got His Name

The big pen of Mille Fleur Cochins has five Little Boys and 24 Little Girls in it. The Five Little Boys tend to ambush unsuspecting Little Girls and make them squawk and run. Mrs. Chickendad was cleaning pens inside the building last week when a Little Girl started squawking and ran through the pop door with a Little Rooster on her back. She executed a perfect sliding stop as if she was a quarter horse in a reining competition. Her front end came off the ground, and she sat right down on her backside. The Little Rooster hung on and did not fall off, while the Little Girl registered her protest and called him several bad names. None of them could be repeated in polite company, but Mrs. Chickendad thought that his name should obviously be “Cowboy”.

Since the Little Boys are becoming more obnoxious in their behavior due to an overabundance of testosterone, Mrs. Chickendad decided to let Leroy be Flockmaster of this group. Leroy is the elder statesman, and as such he has much more finesse when dealing with Women Chickens. He also will not take crap from the boys, and knocks them off if they are getting too pushy. A man's gotta protect his wimmin.

The only photo of Cowboy she could get is when he stopped long enough to roost that night:
12082_cowboy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom