The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
My chicks should be arriving in 10+ days, and I am getting so EXCITED!
I ordered two buff laced polish View attachment 1552573
Two white crested blue polish
View attachment 1552575
And one cream legbar!
View attachment 1552571
I have amassed supplies:
View attachment 1552576
Going to pick up the chick starter next week!
And I have started setting up their coop! I am going to lay an old sheet over the shavings so they don't eat them, and once I run a power cord over, I will turn the lamp on for 24 hours and leave a temperature gauge in overnight to see how it works. View attachment 1552577

Oh, and they will need Doctor Who names too! I am trying very very hard not too have too many names until they get here BUT I think I am lacking a Rose and Amy. . . And maybe some more Classic Who characters are needed? Polly, Dodo, Peri. . . ?
Oh yay! So more polish to go with Nardole? Isn’t he your only one for now? Luucckkyyyy (say like Napoleon Dynamite):D

Oh yay! So more polish to go with Nardole? Isn’t he your only one for now? Luucckkyyyy (say like Napoleon Dynamite):D
Yes, more polish for my poor Nardy boy. The pullets bully him something terrible, and if I don't keep RIGHT ON TOP OF IT AT ALL TIMES they pluck his feathers out!
And as Rory matures, there is tension between the two boys. It mostly manifests as Rory taking the girls and leaving, going much further afield than poor Nardole with his ridiculous crest covering his eyes is comfortable going. I think, deep down, Nardole would be happiest not free ranging. A nice simple coop, with lower roosts, and a big, covered (his head feathers look so SAD wet!) run, and some girls who won't pluck his feathers out will be his idea of paradise.

nardole is a nardole(then he promptly face plants)yes he needs more nardole hens
Face plants?
He seems to have very very little sex drive. I'm thinking 5 hens (or six. . . I may keep my EE with him, as she is turning out very small) will be plenty to keep him happy, and Rory seems like he'll be happy with the rest.

in one of the pics on this page it looks like he is face planting
Oh! No, he doesn't face plant, but his crest flops forward which does make it hilarious to watch him eat.
I know, logically, he pecks his food just like every other chicken... but it looks like he is mashing his face into the ground!
He does roost weirdly. Instead of tucking his neck in and looking like a happy cozy bird he lets his head dangle. Gives me a sore neck just looking at him.

Yes, more polish for my poor Nardy boy. The pullets bully him something terrible, and if I don't keep RIGHT ON TOP OF IT AT ALL TIMES they pluck his feathers out!
And as Rory matures, there is tension between the two boys. It mostly manifests as Rory taking the girls and leaving, going much further afield than poor Nardole with his ridiculous crest covering his eyes is comfortable going. I think, deep down, Nardole would be happiest not free ranging. A nice simple coop, with lower roosts, and a big, covered (his head feathers look so SAD wet!) run, and some girls who won't pluck his feathers out will be his idea of paradise.
Aaawwww, poor guy! I have such a soft spot for the ones that get bullied :hugs... I’ll be so happy to see him in his new set up with his new ladies that’ll hopefully appreciate such a sensitive guy:love

Back
Top Bottom