The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
The official name rundown:
Victoria!
20181017_194631.jpg

Yazmin! (Doing much better I am happy to say!)

20181017_194634.jpg

Peri!
20181017_194623.jpg

Zoe!
20181017_194626.jpg

Finally got my calf hutches and dust bathes set up for winter.
They apparently pass muster with the chickens! :gig
The dust bathes themselves are big truck tires filled with sandy soil from a building project we just finished. The round hutch has a greenhouse effect, the square one a shading effect, and on this chilly fall day they obviously have a preference!
20181019_142517.jpg
20181019_142256.jpg
20181019_142303.jpg

On man! I’m guessing that’s your view in back of photo #2!? I’m soooo jealous :love.... beautiful! And a very nice set up too!
Yes, I never get tired of the view! It's a little piece of heaven here!
Very cool idea with the calf hutches.
Lol thanks! They are literally garbage hutches I can't use as calf hutches anymore, but I realized I could get them out of the way at the farm and make sheltered areas in my run at the same time! Repurposed materials for the win!

I am officially rehoming Susan's 3 babies. She has fully weaned them, they are healthy and bright, and I don't *really * want or need them, especially the boy. A local woman replied to my Facebook post about them in less than 20 minutes, and is coming to get them today!
Little babies are doing great, Yaz has completely recovered!
View attachment 1564964

I'm so happy Yaz has pulled through. Great job.

how are the little ones doing?
Good! I was a little worried my outdoor brooder would kill them all-- temperatures plummeted, combined with a nasty wind that blew right into the vents of the little coop. But, other than a little pasty vent on Victoria, they seem no worse off! I tucked their feeder and waterer closer to the light, and used a box to block the draft (it WOULD be an east wind--we NEVER get an east wind!!) and tossed a hot water bottle in for good measure!
Here they are, tucked in for the night!
20181019_213543.jpg

Back
Top Bottom