20181028_195858.jpg
20181028_200544.jpg
20181028_200449.jpg
20181028_195735.jpg
20181028_200429.jpg
20181028_195853.jpg
20181028_200554.jpg

They are SO cute! I want some!!
I was being really good and resisting every time I would see the new babies they would have in the stores just a while back but I don’t know if that’ll last when they have all the new ones in the spring. I am trying to come up with a sensible plan.... as in, get a few new ones every three years so as they age I will continue to have a steady flow of eggs. But I have a feeling I will not be able to hold out for two more years! I want another EE, a light Sussex and a Speckled Sussex, a leghorn, and Barred Rock to add to my flock...

They are SO cute! I want some!!
I was being really good and resisting every time I would see the new babies they would have in the stores just a while back but I don’t know if that’ll last when they have all the new ones in the spring. I am trying to come up with a sensible plan.... as in, get a few new ones every three years so as they age I will continue to have a steady flow of eggs. But I have a feeling I will not be able to hold out for two more years! I want another EE, a light Sussex and a Speckled Sussex, a leghorn, and Barred Rock to add to my flock...
I am so bad too. I am DYING for some Nardole and Rory babies, but I ALSO want the original polish colors I ordered!
It's going to be a rough spring...

5 chickens enjoying the dust bath at once, Nardole standing guard!
20181104_121145.jpg

River Song and Sarah Jane Smith!
20181104_121217.jpg

Because I'm WEAK, I am already looking at spring chicks. I want to be ready to order EARLY while there is still lots left, but I can't decide what I want besides the polish! I will probably have room for 5 newbies, and I want 4 polish. I will likely order from Meyer Hatchery again. Do I get. . .

Black Copper Marans:
PROS: Really beautiful, lovely dark eggs. Feathery feets might be fun too.
CONS: Expensive. Am I really THAT in love with dark brown eggs? Also, only one feather foot seems like a bad idea.

Americauna:
PROS: Guaranteed blue eggs! Floofy birds are A++. Love me some floof. Floof+ blue eggs is delightful.

CONS: Hella expensive, boring color.

Easter Egger:
PROS: I like surprises! Probably fun colors and fun colored eggs! Not super expensive.
CONS: Could potentially be VERY boring. No guarantee as to bird or egg color.

Cream legbar:
PROS: Very pretty birds, nice crest, nice color. Guaranteed blue eggs.
CONS: Hella expensive, and I already have one.

Olive Egger:
PROS: Fun egg color, I don't have any currently.
CONS: Again, expensive. No idea what they look like. I could probably make my own.

Other? Add your own pros and cons!

Back
Top Bottom