The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
Our first snowfall to come tomorrow, supposedly. I can't wait to see the new pullets react!

My white leghorn Daisy loved the snow. Her feet would turn red but she didn't care. She would blaze right across it.
Mine aren't impressed lol. When I opened the door to the run this morning they did not pile out higgledy-piggledy, but just stared in the chicken equivalent of dismay.
I left them in the run rather than free ranging today. Leaving the insulated door to the coop closed will make it a good 10 degrees warmer inside than out, even with the chicken door open. This was a pain in the butt over the summer, but right now, it's a feature!

I have right now two ducks that have never seen snow,this is going to be interesting when the snow comes.I wish I had pics of baby and batman,my two silkies, seeing snow for the first time ever.sadly I don't think we are going to have anything but fog.our entire valley is shrouded in fog...and rain..and 20 something weather.you are so lucky to have snow right now

Today's weather started as sleet. The two new birds were out free ranging with my two "established" hens. When it started sleeting the two newbies started running around flapping their wings until the team into the coop. My two "established" hens looked up at them and went right back to scratching.

A little while later the newbies came back out and went back to work. Here they are with the snow starting to fall.

20181115_114133.jpg

And here is the yard about two hours later as all 4 hid in the coop.
20181115_230049.jpg

Last edited:
Today's weather started as sleet. The two new birds were out free ranging with my two "established" hens. When it started sleeting the two newbies started running around flapping their wings until the team into the coop. My two "established" hens looked up at them and went right back to scratching.

A little while later the newbies came back out and went back to work. Here they are with the snow starting to fall.

View attachment 1591198

And here is the yard about two hours later as all 4 hid in the coop.
View attachment 1591205
Ahahaha poor babies!

Back
Top Bottom