The city people are coming!

Skyesrocket

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
barnie.gif
Help, the city people are coming!
Once a year we throw a big Fourth of July party. People bring tents and camp out at the farm. We do it up right. Cook twice on party day and them a big country breakfast the next morning. Fireworks, pool for the kids. Games, prizes, horseback riding...yada yada.
The city relatives and friends will be showing up tomorrow with their NEW White tennis shoes...ugh.
Their kids will have brand new clothes on with the new white shoes.
And I give it 5 minutes before someone starts complaining about seeing a pile of poo on the ground.
ep.gif
Then we watch them all tip toe around like poo is radioactive or something.
Then the kids will start getting yelled at for getting dirty.
About that time I expect the pot bellieds will show up for belly rubs, only after they have had their mud bathes..
droolin.gif
Of course, they only do that to distract visitors from seeing the goats going through their bags.
hu.gif

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!
woot.gif

Sounds like a fun time!

Here's what you could do... Offer up a prize for the first one to find a "yard apple" or a "meadow muffin". The first one who accidentally trods in the stuff wins!
big_smile.png

redhen, you are more than welcome anytime!
Oh! Barefooted! I never thought of that! No way would they do that. They live in carpeted homes, have walkways to the garage, and I'm pretty sure that several of them never actually walk on grass.
roll.png

I love them...but sheeze...I just wish they would get past the fear of animal poops. It's an ongoing topic of conversation every year.
duc.gif
We start poop patrolling the yard a week ahead of time. Then again the morning of the party. But, a lot of my animals wander around here loose.
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
My grass looks beautiful because of it!
wink.png

lau.gif
I know what you're talking about! I had some old friends over from Sacramento a while ago and one of them started CRYING when I tried to get them to hold my sweet old hen! Sheesh, I wasn't even being pushy about it, I just picked her up and started walking towards her. When I am like 2 feet away a big old tear rolled down her face and she ran away. After that I wasn't so sure if we had anything in common any more!
roll.png
We are still friends though, I guess things change when you have lived in the country for 7 years.
big_smile.png

Just feel sorry for them, they probably will never know the joy of living out in the country or on a farm. They can never truly appreciate a sunset from the back porch, a rooster crowing at 4am, peeing in your backyard (sounds weird, but it just means you have that type of privacy), collecting your own eggs, running your hands through the soil, growing something to harvest, witnessing the birth of an animal and then caring for it like your own child. I could go on and on, but just feel sorry for them because they won't know the true meaning of life...

LOL!
lau.gif

I'm a country girl who is doing my best to farm in the city at the moment and it is HILARIOUS to me when people come over and freak out over a couple chicken droppings. My girls spend 80% of their time in the run so there's hardly anything in the larger yard but you'd think we were drowning in poo the way they react.

Just this afternoon my BFs son (who is 100% city raised) came outside when I was filling my big new planter with soil... Not even compost, just plain old organic potting soil... He made a face like he was going to die from the smell. Geez, it's just a little dirt! It's actually pretty sad to me so it is now my goal to instill a little country in that boy!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom