The Cluckin' Kindness Club

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everyone!

@cluckmecoop7, @FluffTheDuck, and I decided to make a BYC Kindness Club, so here it is!

On here we will encourage everybody to be kind and positive, both on and off of BYC. You can post encouragement and kindness quotes and everything else in this thread.

One thing I use to encourage myself to serve is to think of this quote: "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

Some ideas for acts of kindness are:
-Write a positive, 5-star review for a BYC article. I'm not saying you should completely ignore the things you don't like, but try to make the article's author happy when they read your review.
-Reply to a New Member Introduction and welcome the newbie to BYC. Remember how many times you checked your first BYC threads to see if there were any new replies?
-Post uplifting comments on other BYC member's profile pages. (I got this idea from FluffTheDuck!)
-React to lots of posts and messages, people love those!
-Do simple acts of service in your off-screen life.
-Do you have more ideas? Please post them below! And "Remember, there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end."

I'm going to encourage everyone to set a goal to do 10 acts of kindness per day! They don't have to be big things, even just smiling at a stranger can brighten their day.

There are so many BYC members I have noticed being kind and generous, and they have unknowingly inspired me to make this thread. I am hoping that they will find this thread and that I'll find others who will help me spread kindness too!

Think of it this way:
"Spread kindness to one person each day. Imagine the amount of happiness you would dispense in a lifetime."

Now imagine what would happen if everybody on BYC did just one act of kindness a day, starting now. Think how much happier BYC and the world would be if even only a quarter of the BYC members did that!

To everybody who reads this, have a great day! And remember to "Throw kindness around like confeti!"

Hello @SoftSilkie, @FluffTheDuck and everyone!

Thank you SoftSilkie for making this thread. Yes everyone. I agree with everything she just said. Wouldn't that be great? I especially like to post friendly/up-lifting comments on peoples profiles like "Hope you have a great day!" or "You are such a great member. BYC wouldn't be the same without you.".

It's so easy to do a few small kind things a day. I will start tomorrow, since today is more then half gone. (But that does not mean I'm gonna do anything bad today! ;))

Hi all! Sorry I was on vacation a lil bit from here. Thank you so much @SoftSilkie for starting this thread!

For me the posting uplifting posts on people’s profiles are a biggy. Who knows, they might’ve been having a super bad day and come home to that, that might’ve brightened their mood to know someone thought of them!

Like SoftSilkie said, even smiling at a stranger can brighten their day!
And I would like to mention this one especially.
If you notice your coworker/someone you know at school is having a rough day, then get them something at the vending machine! I was getting a coke from the vending machine yesterday when I noticed my friend was having a rough day. I bought him a coke and it made him (well, first of all, energetic,) happy and it uplifted his mood to know someone thought of him, and that, therefore, uplifted my mood to know I made someone happy!

Thank you for starting this thread, and I’ll do at least 20 acts of kindness starting tomorrow!

Thanks for reading my essay,

-Fluffy

Hi all! Sorry I was on vacation a lil bit from here. Thank you so much @SoftSilkie for starting this thread!

For me the posting uplifting posts on people’s profiles are a biggy. Who knows, they might’ve been having a super bad day and come home to that, that might’ve brightened their mood to know someone thought of them!

Like SoftSilkie said, even smiling at a stranger can brighten their day!
And I would like to mention this one especially.
If you notice your coworker/someone you know at school is having a rough day, then get them something at the vending machine! I was getting a coke from the vending machine yesterday when I noticed my friend was having a rough day. I bought him a coke and it made him (well, first of all, energetic,) happy and it uplifted his mood to know someone thought of him, and that, therefore, uplifted my mood to know I made someone happy!

Thank you for starting this thread, and I’ll do at least 20 acts of kindness starting tomorrow!

Thanks for reading my essay,

-Fluffy
What you did was so nice, Fluffy! I'm glad you were able to brighten yours and your co-worker's day!

Here's a couple of quotes I like:

"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-James Mathew Barrie

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
-Mark Twain

Back
Top Bottom