The cockerels are "attacking" us :)

Let me clarify...I have not had to roast one yet.
fl.gif
I love my roos.
love.gif
I would have 20 of them if I could figure out how to make them love each other.
barnie.gif

...but then again...mine never tried to spur me in the eye...
big_smile.png

Quote:
You won't loose a finger.
I read some of your related posts on another thread and think you may be making this situation worse. It seems you tend to act out of anger in a way that triggers you rooster to "defend" itself. If the bird feels threatened, it will come at you. I don't know how old you are but I think you might not be ready for a challenging roo. Just MHO.

Quote:
You won't loose a finger.
I read some of your related posts on another thread and think you may be making this situation worse. It seems you tend to act out of anger in a way that triggers you rooster to "defend" itself. If the bird feels threatened, it will come at you. I don't know how old you are but I think you might not be ready for a challenging roo. Just MHO.

It appears I'll have to send the message to you too. Sigh. I don't really have an anger problem.. If I did I'd have special ed at school which I need for my ADD but noo my parents won't help me with that. An aid in class would be nice but noo the school doesn't call us even though I've seen 2 new aids. -____-
I'm 15. I realize that and I think I like my silkie roo he's a sweetheart! I can pick him up and snuggle him and give him baths and poof up his feathers. Honestly I like "lap" roosters. Some of my hens like to roost on my lap which is great! But sometimes they step in their own poop which isn't great for my pants. The 4 other roos who are all about 6 months of age never show aggression towards me. They are flightly but they trust me enough to eat a bowl of mealworms from my hands. I want nice roosters like them but Charlie is poop. He almost sparred at my dad too, but my dad kicked sand in his face and Charlie ran off clucking.

There is an upload button in the blue bar at the top, I believe it's fairly easy to figure out once you are on that page. I copy and paste the tag it creates directly into my post. That's worked for me.
Quote:

Thanks howlinggood, found it, its a bit complicated
celebrate.gif

Can anyone ehelp me identify the bread of chickens, i gave them nr, sorry not the best photographer
smile.png

79707_s8002802.jpg

79707_s8002801.jpg

79707_s8002800.jpg

79707_s8002799.jpg

Last edited:
1 looks like a New Hampshire Red and 5 looks like a Black Australorp. 6 looks like it might be a silver laced wyandotte, but I'm not real familiar with those. Nice birds!

Back
Top Bottom