The coop is complete and chicks are here!

pmona

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 6, 2012
Henderson, NV
My Coop
My Coop
Our coop has been a great project, but really it is only half of what we are building. We still have to extend the patio roof of the coop to cover our aquaponics garden which is the next phase of the build.

After looking around at lots of coops we settled on the Garden Coop design as we felt it would fit best in our limited space. There are tons of good pictures on BYC and the garden coop web site. We didn't get their plans, but from the pictures we had a good enough idea of what we wanted and the space here to draw our own. We did make the house a bit larger/taller and added windows and exterior nesting boxes. We also added a sliding pop door with a cable to open and close it from outside the coop/run.

Before the chicks are old enough to go into the coop, we plan on adding a watering system with the chicken nipples we purchased on ebay.

There are lots of pictures on our site of all the construction and some of the babies now.
http://monafamily.com/blogs/pmona_journal/chickens-the-garden/

Here are a couple of shots:

I have a couple of things to add still to the coop. I bought some chicken nipples and would like to plumb them into the under side of the house. I'm looking for a pressure regulator/reducer which can be used to reduce the pressure to ~1 psi. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom