The coop isn't exactly finished, but chicks are in it! *Pics*

Thanks! Everyone is exhausted! Except the two little boys. They never seem to tire out! It has been a good project though.

We still need some panels of interlocking shingles to finish the roof, as we didn't have quite enough from 'found' materials but it is under the eaves of the house and the tarpaper is on. If we get a little rain the chicks should still be dry enough. I'm calling some contractors to see if they have any stored away as they aren't used much in this area anymore. Maybe someone will have 15 or 20 we could get cheap.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=17470 This is the way it was built, if you want to see how it all come together. Not the most exciting reading around, but there are lots of pictures!
lol.png
I haven't added todays work in yet.

Opa:

We haven't had the time to make the nest boxes from the plans you sent usyet, but they are still in the works! Since the pullets are only 4 weeks old, we still have a bit of time yet. But its nice to know we have the plan! The nest boxes will be under the two smaller windows, and the access for gathering the eggs will roughly be where the darker wood panels are.

~ Edited because I used "doors" where I should have used "boxes" ~

Last edited:
i wish i knew how fast the babies would grow. i had to move mine out before i was ready also.
i read your page and have to say you made excellent use of the recycled materials an the space you had for the coop. great thinking.

Back
Top Bottom