The Coop of all coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by toyzbox, Mar 16, 2009.

1. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    [​IMG] Well maybe it's not that great but we're pretty proud of it. DH really out did himself. Right down to the door with blinds built right in. I'm not sure if the pictures will post but...here goes nothin'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

GORGEOUS!

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I love it!!! I think we are going to do a door like yours! You guys did a fantastic job [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That's a wonderful chook house - your hubby did a great job. Congrats to you both! I love the paint colors.

One thing to think about - rats, mice, snakes, etc. getting underneath it and possibly coming up through the floor or just bedding down under there. You can bury hardware cloth that is stapled to the building down into the ground to stop that from happening.

Have fun with your chickens.

5. toyzbox

toyzbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Crestview, Fl
    You got it Chirpy...we are "almost" done I guess.

Getting the door was so funny. DH and friend went to Lowes to find a cheap door and this one was a return from a custom job. Got it for a song.
    Everyone tells us we will have the snobbiest chickens in town. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    lovely!! [​IMG]

7. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    That is really nice.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

You certainly have given them options for egg laying!!! But I bet you will find they all want the same box...maybe possibly 2 of them!

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'm so addicted to chickens that my first thought was, "oh, I could double my flock size... I know exactly where that would go!"

10. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful coop!
    So nicely finished insdie. Love the colors... and setting the coop in the trees is a good idea. The only caveat may be the top roost. If it's too close to the wall, sometimes the hens will manage to fertilize the wall [​IMG] if you know what I mean. You may want to move them at least 15" out.

How many chickens will you be keeping? Those nest boxes look so shiny and bright! It must be so pleasant to have such a handy husband. [​IMG] Will you attach a run?

Thanks for the photos.

Carla

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by