~The Crazy Chicken Club~

Pics
Thank you post pics when you do yours it's a lot of work but so rewarding
Mine has to be done sooner than later I can't keep putting it off, it's just pick and chicken wire for now and it's literally falling apart, ive been looking for weeks now at designs that would fit my coop and I was thinking wooden posts and welded wire would be best, like you did.

Mine has to be done sooner than later I can't keep putting it off, it's just pick and chicken wire for now and it's literally falling apart, ive been looking for weeks now at designs that would fit my coop and I was thinking wooden posts and welded wire would be best, like you did.
It's simple straightforward and strong it will hold up for years without problems unless a bear or mountain lion goes for it may need repairs make sure it's pressure treated wood so it won't rot and galvanized wire to avoid rust the wire I have is 19 gauge. Chicken wire is just to easy to tear apart and rust like crazy if in humid areas. I do know how it is having to deal with what u got at first I used a big plastic bin for a brooder now I have two nice rabbit cages. I would advise 4x4 post 6 ft apart cemented into a 2-3 ft hole it will hold forever

Last edited:
It's simple straightforward and strong it will hold up for years without problems unless a bear or mountain lion goes for it may need repairs make sure it's pressure treated wood so it won't rot and galvanized wire to avoid rust the wire I have is 19 gauge. Chicken wire is just to easy to tear apart and rust like crazy if in humid areas. I do know how it is having to deal with what u got at first I used a big plastic bin for a brooder now I have two nice rabbit cages. I would advise 4x4 post 6 ft apart cemented into a 2-3 ft hole it will hold forever
Thanks!

Fuzzy butts this morning lol

Ok so I have taken time today to very roughly draw out a draft of my ( I mean... Our family's... ) chicken coop design. Now mind you it is not set in stone yet but I'm hoping that our coop with look somewhat like this one here.

So this one just shows a very simple drawing of the coop and the height and length:

And then this one shows it in top veiw with more detail:

This one is really sloppy so just hang in there, it is top and side veiw with detail:

Okay so you get the jist of my coop plan, but I haven't thought of all the little details such as cost, where to put it and ect. While drawing this. It should end up at least six feet tall and long and five feet in width. Any other suggestions on compact coops please tell me and, I already looked in the coop forum, FYI.
1f414.png
1f413.png
2764.png
1f49b.png
1f49a.png
1f499.png
1f49c.png
2764.png
1f49b.png
1f49a.png
1f499.png
1f49c.png