The crowing, the incessant crowing! I'm losing my mind!

Quote:
YOUR ROOSTERS ONLY CROW IN THE MORNING? MINE CROW ALL DAY AND NIGHT, AS DO MY NIEGHBOR'S BOTH NEAR AND FAR---- WE USUALLY HAVE NEIGHBORHOOD CROWATHONS---- OFTEN TIMES AROUND 1;00 AM.... (THIS IS THE CHICKENS, NOT THE QUAIL!)

Quote:
I didn't split them down the back, I did them pretty much the way I would do a chicken.
also, the two males, the ones who crowed, had testes inside. The one who had what looked like the undeveloped eggs you find inside a pullet did not. I did not say there were two, there were hundreds of tiny dots in a stringy-spongey matrix.
I am absolutely certain 2bands was a hen.

My bad!
smile.png

It's just the first time I cleaned a coturnix roo, I thought I got the sex wrong when I saw what I thought were eggs.
I misunderstood what you were saying.

It's cool. No biggie.
-Z

Quote:
YOUR ROOSTERS ONLY CROW IN THE MORNING? MINE CROW ALL DAY AND NIGHT, AS DO MY NIEGHBOR'S BOTH NEAR AND FAR---- WE USUALLY HAVE NEIGHBORHOOD CROWATHONS---- OFTEN TIMES AROUND 1;00 AM.... (THIS IS THE CHICKENS, NOT THE QUAIL!)

Ditto, I don't think I've ever met a rooster who only crowed in the morning.

Emeril Lagasse's recipe for Bacon Wrapped Bourbon Glazed Quail was my answer to a cage of males crowing all hours of the day and night....wonder where i can find another bunch of male jumbo coturnix?

Oh wait...I think there is one in my barn....
lol.png

Kristi

Quote:
I invented my own Bacon-Wrapped quail recipe.... It was soooo good! ...might be worth it to look Emeril's recipe for future reference, though.

You call what they do crowing...Ha I call it screaming at the top of there lungs "LOOK AT ME" there entire body shakes when they do it as well as my ears..

Do the Texas A & M quail do it also?

ZayLinda - I just read this entire thread and laughed so hard! That was hilarious. I'm sorry for the crowing driving you crazy but you described it beautifully and then when you spoke about just finishing cleaning up after some culling and then you heard the other bird crow, I thought I was going to bust a gut. Thanks for the laugh. (still chuckling)

Quote:

Ditto, I don't think I've ever met a rooster who only crowed in the morning.

OK. Type o....I meant to say starting in the morning...O, they started today at 300.

Back
Top Bottom