The curse— RP

Saoirse turned to see her mother walking through the crowd. "There you are!" Her mother cried, grabbing the girl by the arm. "I've been looking all over for you! Shirking your duties!" She slapped Saoirse across the face. Saoirse bit her lip with pain but didn't cry out. "We'll talk about this later, come on." She dragged Saoirse away, not even glancing back at the girl who was lying still and the girl with bird feet. Saoirse did, however. "I'm sorry." She whispered as the mother and daughter disappeared around a corner

Clover was left alone with Alana. She looked down at the burnt girl and started playing her erhu to any water that might be around. Water floated to her and she put it on the worse burns. Clover didn't know what to do next but vaguely remembered something about honey being used for burns.
Alana continued to lay still. Her hair had completely burned off, and her legs were so badly burned it was a wonder that they were still on.

Saoirse stood in front of her mother, looking at the ground, as she was lectured on and on and on. She glanced up at the clock. It's been an hour?! She wondered, incredulous. "Do you understand? Now, I want you to go tend to your little brother, and then you are to clean up all the dishes, sweep the house, beat the rugs, and do the laundry. I want it done in an hour. If not, you'll certainly regret it. " Her mother was saying. Saoirse meekly nodded, but her head was racing. In an hour?! That was impossible! And I need to go and see if that girl is alright...

Back
Top Bottom