The Devil made me do it

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rhoda_bruce, Jan 23, 2010.

1. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    I set up my incubator, even though I knew my husband didn't want me to. I had to locate my thermometer and then I remembered how difficult it is to read the temp with the humidity accumulating in there and I said I wish I had a probe to insert in the incubator that I could read from outside and thats when I began to ask my husband about where our outside senser is for our digital thermeter. He found it and put it in the incubator.
    Well my husband has a bit of mischief about him. He told our son to check the outside temp and without even thinking about it DS announced that it was 85 degrees and rising. And we both said,"Yeah Right!!!" And then I told our DD to check and she said it was 90 degrees and rising and she got the same response.
    They didn't realize that they had told us a temp far different than what is actually outside until we had said,"Yeah Right."

2. Ban seabhag

Ban seabhag Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Glenn HWY Alaska
    [​IMG]

I ordered Faverolle bantam eggs......After I said "No more!" [​IMG]

3. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    heh, i did the same with getting bantam faverolles and they are now in my incubator. i have to go get a new therm/hygro for mine. the remote part's seal is letting moisture in and it doesn't read correctly or starts making the receiver flash it's last received temp/humidity reading.

the dh was a little mad at me for getting them but he secretly enjoys their mischief and the eggs when they are old enough. [​IMG]

4. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    omg.......I have been claiming for years how I am terrible with the incubator. Well I decided to keep both thermometers in and my old one was at 120degrees and the one formerly used to detect the temps outside was at 90, but rising (I'm only just setting the temp).....well guess what!!! The glass with the mercury wasn't fastened down well and DH showed me that it was all the way down and that by putting it all the way up it would have been far too cold and by putting it right in the middle, the temp would have been about right. I'm talking about years of not being good with the incubator. I told my husband to just hit me. I might be about to have my very best incubating experience.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by