The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

GFR IS UP TO 32!!!! Can’t walk upright, can’t eat worth beans, can’t figure out exactly what I can eat yet, and I’ll most likely stay here at Stage 3-B to 4, with occasional rises and falls, but he said he thought I was pretty stable! It’s working!!

Awesome news Blooie! :ya

I haven’t. But I have them marked so I can find them when things finally settle down a bit here and I can ‘speriment, as my young grandson used used to say. There are are a couple that I’m really excited about....and the ones that kind of substitute tomatoes are really intriguing! My granddaughter sent me an insulated lunch bag and I have a feeling that thing will get a workout as we travel, starting today! I washed up a bunch of fruit and cut up some veggie strips and some turkey slices and made my lunch for this afternoon when we get to Sheridan. Got a couple of those “chiller” things in there and it’s already packed out in the car.

Yesterday‘s numbers gave me just the encouragement I needed! It’s hard when you do all this stuff but don’t know if you’re accomplishing anything yet. Now I know, and I’m more eager to keep going!

It’s working!!
Yay!!!!! Must be the blueberries ;)

My amazing granddaughter sent me an insulated lunch bag! With a hummingbird on it! I’m so blessed!!
She's a sweetie. I still think about the Christmas surprise visit video :D
How is she doing? Seemed like things were maybe a bit rough back before you went AWOL.

Stumbled up on this thread. I’m so sorry to hear it. It’s tough. Never give up. I didn’t read the whole thread so if I’m off base or repeating stuff just ignore it
About 6 years ago, I had an allergic reaction to NSAIDS-Aleve. Within 24 hrs I was hospitalized with kidney failure, fluid retention caused pressure on my heart and fluid in my lungs causing pneumonia. 80 days later and 60 pounds lighter- not fat, I was a big man 6-3 280 pounds and fairly lean. I went home and started dialysis with stg 4 kidney failure. Told I would never be off. I didn’t quit and stayed on top of my numbers and a 2 years later I got off of dialysis. I lost another 20 pounds and now after 25 years I’m not diabetic anymore. It is up in the air how long I’m going to be good but it’s been over two years now. Every day is a gift.
I’m just saying you can beat this. It ain’t easy I’m always here if you want to message me with questions or even just to vent. Or if you need it I’d be glad to sent my phone contact
Sorry about the wall of text. Hang in there. You got this!

Stumbled up on this thread. I’m so sorry to hear it. It’s tough. Never give up. I didn’t read the whole thread so if I’m off base or repeating stuff just ignore it
About 6 years ago, I had an allergic reaction to NSAIDS-Aleve. Within 24 hrs I was hospitalized with kidney failure, fluid retention caused pressure on my heart and fluid in my lungs causing pneumonia. 80 days later and 60 pounds lighter- not fat, I was a big man 6-3 280 pounds and fairly lean. I went home and started dialysis with stg 4 kidney failure. Told I would never be off. I didn’t quit and stayed on top of my numbers and a 2 years later I got off of dialysis. I lost another 20 pounds and now after 25 years I’m not diabetic anymore. It is up in the air how long I’m going to be good but it’s been over two years now. Every day is a gift.
I’m just saying you can beat this. It ain’t easy I’m always here if you want to message me with questions or even just to vent. Or if you need it I’d be glad to sent my phone contact
Sorry about the wall of text. Hang in there. You got this!

Good for you, glad you are doing well! Keep up the good work! Blessings to you! :hugs

I’ve been away from BYC for almost two years….it would have been 2 years in March. Just needed a break, but didn’t expect it to last this long!!

Numbers remain fairly stable at Stage 3b. In March of 2021 I dropped to 19 - I had to get serious again because I was slacking on the diet. Got cocky with the GFR of 32 I guess. Had another medication change and that helped boost me back up to better numbers as well.

@Warrior gamefowl, I’m so glad you shared your story. Every bit of encouragement helps!

Back
Top Bottom