The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Towards the bottom of this page, are colored, square, radio buttons. Click on each of those buttons, and read about the more kidney friendly foods, AND suggested portions. Portion control seems to be a key factor. Some foods are more kidney friendly than others, which does not mean you can eat them in unlimited quantities, but some of the less kidney friendly foods are not taboo, as long as you don't eat as much of them. https://www.allthingskidney.com/kid...approaches/kidney-diet/kidney-friendly-foods/

I found this.
I'm looking for good recipes next.
Screenshot_20200216-073545.png
Screenshot_20200216-073528.png
Screenshot_20200216-073605.png
Screenshot_20200216-073557.png
Screenshot_20200216-073823.png

Blooie, I'm a fan of your mama heating pad and of your sense of humor.
I'm praying that you'll get good reports from your lab work and that you will find a delicious and satisfying substitute for blueberries.
I want you to hang around and provide all of us with many more years of chicken wisdom.

You are everything I never knew I really needed!!! ❤️

@Kiki

Thats similar to what a Ken printed off yesterday, except the grocery list on his wasn’t as comprehensive and there was a separate list for the foods containing phosphorous, the biggest enemy of kidney disease. These two combined will make a ton of difference for me, and I thank you so much!!

DaVita was the “go-to” during my sister’s battle with total kidney failure. As I said before, on December 26th she had full kidney function and on Dec 27 it was totally gone. The kidney dialysis center she went to 3 times a week for her dialysis was a DaVita Center, so we all trust the DaVita name. I had it up on my phone when I’d grocery shop in South Dakota. But much of the stuff there is geared toward total kidney failure and dialysis, which differs a bit from kidney disease as far as diet. You’ve managed to maneuver through the murk and come up with the gems!

The beauty and kindness of what you’ve done here is so typical of the “you” we’ve come to know! It’s going to be incredibly helpful! Thank you!

1581867450447.png

Back
Top Bottom