The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Have an appointment With my primary tomorrow. Supposed to get my flu and pneumonia shots in the morning, and he wants to go over my discussion with the Nephrologist. He also said he could set me up with a local registered dietician so I don’t have to keep driving 100 miles one way up to Billings to see one. he said she’s really good....but I think I’d rather wait until I see the dietitian that I know works exclusively with kidney patients.

Have an appointment With my primary tomorrow. Supposed to get my flu and pneumonia shots in the morning, and he wants to go over my discussion with the Nephrologist. He also said he could set me up with a local registered dietician so I don’t have to keep driving 100 miles one way up to Billings to see one. he said she’s really good....but I think I’d rather wait until I see the dietitian that I know works exclusively with kidney patients.

When do you see the dietician Blooie, the one that works with kidney patients? (Sorry if you've said and I forgot.)

I see the nephrologist on Match 5th and he’ll tell me then. I hope it doesn’t mean repeated trips up to Billings, though. There’ll probably be at least two meetings with the dietitian - one to go over what I like, food sensitivities, and foods I just plain hate, then another to go over what she’s put together based on what’s Kidney-safe and my personal preferences. At least that’s how they did it with Linda.

I see the nephrologist on Match 5th and he’ll tell me then. I hope it doesn’t mean repeated trips up to Billings, though. There’ll probably be at least two meetings with the dietitian - one to go over what I like, food sensitivities, and foods I just plain hate, then another to go over what she’s put together based on what’s Kidney-safe and my personal preferences. At least that’s how they did it with Linda.

Maybe once the Billings dietician gets things lined out, you could use the closer dietician for questions, feedback, whatever else you need?

I've learned how the roads are here in WY...you can't always count on being able to make a 100 mile trip. (Heck, today I wouldn't even make the 24 mile trip to the grocery store.)

Maybe he'll have a computer program that helps him with the basic foods and he'll be able to help in one meeting. Wouldn't that be nice! Surely they have come up with a program by now, that just needs the oversight and tweaking of a dietitian.

Maybe he'll have a computer program that helps him with the basic foods and he'll be able to help in one meeting. Wouldn't that be nice! Surely they have come up with a program by now, that just needs the oversight and tweaking of a dietitian.
If there isn't... It wouldn't be that hard to make... @Blooie , if they don't have one let me know, might be a market for it! Would be fun to play with anyway. (and if you would like an excel sheet you can use to help I can play with one of those for you too. Just let me know your requirements of different things and I'm sure I can make something.)

Back
Top Bottom