The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Been an interesting couple of days! We had an event to attend on Wednesday night and the ladies there put on one heck of a spread. Problem was there wasn’t a thing on the groaning tables that I could eat. Ham, (sodium, phosphorous, potassium), scalloped potatoes (potassium and phosphorous), corn casserole (canned corn, so sodium and potassium), my favorite salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in salty vinegar dressing, loaves of homemade wheat bread (I’m on white bread only), and an entire table full of home baked pies. Oh, wait....I lied! I did get about a third of a slice of meringue off the lemon meringue pie, because I can have egg whites!

Note to self: Next time Ken has a Masonic event, pack a sack lunch!

But!!! Today, Feb 29th, was our 52nd anniversary.....or 13th, depending on how you count it. Anyway, we went up to Billings. Ken loves Texas Road House, so that’s where we ate. Oh, how I wanted a Dallas Filet, med rare, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a big house salad slathered with Blue Cheese dressing. But I ordered the small grilled salmon, had a tiny piece of Ken’s baked potato, and got the salad but ordered it with no egg, no tomato, and no cheese. Then I did what we call ”the fork salad”. Instead of pouring the dressing on, I just dipped my fork in the dressing, then stabbed the salad greens. That way I got the flavor, but the little cup of dressing was almost as full when our waitress took the salad plates as it was when she brought them out. Yayyy, me!!!

I think I can do this, guys!!!

Been an interesting couple of days! We had an event to attend on Wednesday night and the ladies there put on one heck of a spread. Problem was there wasn’t a thing on the groaning tables that I could eat. Ham, (sodium, phosphorous, potassium), scalloped potatoes (potassium and phosphorous), corn casserole (canned corn, so sodium and potassium), my favorite salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions in salty vinegar dressing, loaves of homemade wheat bread (I’m on white bread only), and an entire table full of home baked pies. Oh, wait....I lied! I did get about a third of a slice of meringue off the lemon meringue pie, because I can have egg whites!

But!!! Today, Feb 29th, was our 52nd anniversary.....or 13th, depending on how you count it. Anyway, we went up to Billings. Ken loves Texas Road House, so that’s where we ate. Oh, how I wanted a Dallas Filet, med rare, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, and a big house salad slathered with Blue Cheese dressing. But I ordered the small grilled salmon, had a tiny piece of Ken’s baked potato, and got the salad but ordered it with no egg, no tomato, and no cheese. Then I did what we call ”the fork salad”. Instead of pouring the dressing on, I just dipped my fork in the dressing, then stabbed the salad greens. That way I got the flavor, but the little cup of dressing was almost as full when our waitress took the salad plates as it was when she brought them out. Yayyy, me!!!

Wow! I'm so proud of you!!! I would have gone for the works on my 52/13th anniversary!!! You did great!!! And besides, salmon is my favorite food, so I might have considered getting that "the works". :D

Of course you can do this B, we had no doubt! Good job on the anniversary dinner :clap

Yeah, well, I still would have preferred the steak dinner. I’m not big on salmon. But they have this lemon dill sauce.....I swear you could put this stuff on a flip-flop and it would be delicious!

I did plan on getting a full blown celebratory dinner of my favorites, but March 5th is creeping up fast and we are working and praying so hard for an increase in my GFR. I was at 27 my last appointment.....I am thinking that being back up to 31-32 would make me deleriously happy! So I passed on the no-no’s and ate the yes-yeses. :lau And no Margarita, extra salt either. I had iced tea.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom