The difference between muscovies and other ducks

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
So, my friend just slaughtered some rouen ducks. And to tell you truth, they were really gross!!! So I now might be selling my two female rouen ducklings I got to breed for meat. So I dont need to feed so many. Well, my friend is willing to give me her muscovy pair, but I need to get rid of two of the food eating monsters first. I was wondering if anyone had any advice about muscovys? Thanks!

(will post pics of the pair soon)

Last edited:
They are very smart and great foragers. When mine free range, they barely eat any pellets. My new girls put themselves in their coop the second night I had them. I haven't eaten any before so I can't comment on that. They are wonderful broodies and excellent mothers. I think the best thing about them is that they are SO quiet. They barely make any noise at all. Which is good for me because my chicken and duck flocks are stealth! If you breed a muscovy male to a mallard derived female, the offspring will be great for meat and the males and females will be at market weight at the same time. Pure muscovy hens take a while longer and will never be as big.

Cool! Well, my mom just said I cant get them
hit.gif
I want them really bad!

Back
Top Bottom