The difference in hova-bator incubators

The genesis is pre-set to 100 degrees so all you have to do is add eggs and water! Its really that easy.

The others temp, is a little harder to keep/ get to the certain amount.

I love my genesis and use my other for a hatcher
smile.png

Best of Luck

Thank you. I am still have work to do on the DH. He still thinks our 6 month old layers will lay for many years before he we have to replace them.

But I am thinking that I really really need an incubator for my birthday.

The 1588 has a fan and an electronic thermostat which maintains better temperature stability and more consistent temps throughout the incubator.

The 1602 is a still air (no fan) which are sometimes more difficult to achieve temperature stability. I don't recall if this one is a wafer or thermostat model, but the lack of a fan is probably the biggest downfall.

I highly recommend getting one with a fan, whether it is a wafer model or electronic. Remember, that replacing wafers is cheaper than the electronic thermostat as well, if it should go bad on you.

I agree..I think you need a bator for your birthday too.
big_smile.png

Jody

I have a Hovabator 1620N and it is still in great shape after 12 years!!! I'm hoping to get a Genesis for Christmas... Everyone needs at least ONE MORE incubator....
tongue.png

Gotta have a bator!
lol.png

Just got my 1st for an early birthday & set my 1st eggs last Friday evening. So I can't say how it is going yet, other than the temp is staying quite steady. I got a humidity gauge & that is working well too.

Hoping for another bator soon!
lau.gif

(edit) Oops...forgot to mention it is the 1588

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom