Anyone use this incubator?

My2butterflies

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
My husband has been thinking of buying me another incubator to keep up with my growing variety of birds I’m hatching.
Right now I have Genesis 1588 and 1602n. Of those two I like the 1602n best. The temp can be a little tricky to get just right, but once you get it set it’s very consistent. The 1588 I can’t seem to ever adjust the temp on and it fluctuates a lot more.

This is the incubator my husband showed me.
FA8791A3-6C68-4506-9491-FE506557CDF8.jpeg

The price is awesome for how many eggs it holds, but I have concerns…
1. It’s plastic. I know many people use plastic incubators, but do they really hold heat and stay consistent like styrofoam ones? Or are they more influenced by outside temperatures?

2. It looks like candling eggs under the top shelf would mean having to remove the whole top layer. And remove top and middle to access the bottom. That sounds like way too many chances for me to drop eggs😬

3. I’m so used to flat turners in my hova bators that the rolls seem strange and clunky.

Anyone have any experience with this or other incubators like it?

My husband has been thinking of buying me another incubator to keep up with my growing variety of birds I’m hatching.
Right now I have Genesis 1588 and 1602n. Of those two I like the 1602n best. The temp can be a little tricky to get just right, but once you get it set it’s very consistent. The 1588 I can’t seem to ever adjust the temp on and it fluctuates a lot more.

This is the incubator my husband showed me. View attachment 3049168
The price is awesome for how many eggs it holds, but I have concerns…
1. It’s plastic. I know many people use plastic incubators, but do they really hold heat and stay consistent like styrofoam ones? Or are they more influenced by outside temperatures?

2. It looks like candling eggs under the top shelf would mean having to remove the whole top layer. And remove top and middle to access the bottom. That sounds like way too many chances for me to drop eggs😬

3. I’m so used to flat turners in my hova bators that the rolls seem strange and clunky.

Anyone have any experience with this or other incubators like it?
Well it looks nice but I've never used one like that....

Back
Top Bottom